Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Software Engineer - Java - Pleasanton Hub
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
Software Engineers will contribute to the technical design and implementation of product features for various products at Veeva. In this role, you will work with a smart, highly motivated team to take on technical challenges that are associated with our ever-growing number of customers. You should be a self-starter, who loves technical challenges and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment.
What You'll Do
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery efforts for our cloud-based features and products.
- Design an application architecture that is robust and scalable
- Write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment using design patterns and Object Oriented Principles Create rich user experiences
- Write quality code with high unit and integration test coverage
- Mentor junior developers
- 3+ years of server-side professional post-graduate programming experience in Java post
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Junit, Mockito, Log4J, AspectJ, Tomcat, JMS, Linux)
- 1+ years of experience with relational databases with a mastery of SQL concepts
- Ability to analyze and review code for performance, security, and scalability
- Experience working in fast-paced, agile development environments
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.