Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure - Pleasanton Hub
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers who are passionate about designing and implementing a highly available, distributed, and secure system on a cloud platform. The work you do will provide immutability across the application and database layers, including building database replication chains and the containerization of backend services. Authentication is a critical platform component that needs to be available 24-7-365 and is currently distributed across four different regions around the world. To make it more reliable and efficient, we are building immutability into our Authentication infrastructure.
You will be responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open-source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, highly available, and immutable Authentication platform that powers all the applications built on Veeva Vault.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to complex problems
- Optimize and improve existing infrastructure, architecture, and processes to take advantage of cloud platforms
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, to support and maintenance
- Design and build systems that are scalable, highly available, and easily maintainable
- Build multi-tenant RESTful services at scale
- Hands-on programming experience with many AWS APIs and technologies: EC2, IAM, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, S3, EBS, VPC, Security Groups
- 5+ years of commercial software development in Java
- Experience in configuring and developing with MySQL, including building replication chains and working with multi-master setup
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source technologies: Memcached, Spring, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux.
- Experience with scripting such as Linux Shell, Python.
- Experience with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code patterns and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Vagrant.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with building enterprise software for business
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Experience with Authentication protocols such as SAML, OAUTH/OIDC
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.