Live Online Tutoring Platform
Engineering Manager₹30L – ₹40L
Companies Preferred: Startups , Product based Companies.
If you have ever dreamed about being in the driver’s seat of a revolution, THIS is the place for you.
Vedantu is an Ed-Tech startup which is into Live Online Tutoring. We are a platform which aggregates best teachers of the country and provide them with tools to deliver LIVE lectures to students anytime, anywhere.
What drives us is a vision of bringing about a paradigm shift in the way people teach and learn. We believe that education in today’s world is highly generalized with classroom teaching being done in a ‘One Size Fits All’ manner. We believe it is not effective and this should change. We are disrupting the very notion of classrooms by making Quality Education Accessible. Our vision is to create a 'Knowledge Network' where a learner and a learned can get connected with a click of a button and can learn-teach in the most personalized way possible.
Vedantu is based out of Bangalore and is founded by a bunch of IITians, who have been teachers themselves and have taught more than 10,000 students between them. We are a team full of uber-talented and motivated people. We are looking for equally passionate individuals to join us in making this vision a reality. We have already started to make some noise and shorten the sleep-span of some education bureaucrats.
How Live Tutoring works on Vedantu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1YSP-uCaJg
What we are looking for:
- Technical leadership and people management experience
- Ability to handle 15 - 20 software engineers and manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop the team
- Experience in architecting and developing large scale distributed systems.
- Advanced Java -- 5+ years of working experience in web application development
- Any database SQL/NoSQL -- 5+ years of working experience in web application development
- Experience with technologies such as Networking, Big Data, and Security.
- Basic understanding of front end technologies
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
- Work on massive distributed, large-scale systems, storage solutions, applications and entirely new platforms.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company. Join in - let’s together solve some real Challenges The real challenge lies in making something groundbreaking. To take on the status-quo and defeat it. To follow what is already been done, where’s the fun in that? We are on to some big challenges which are just waiting to get solved. Also, because we are not an extensively big team, you will be owning more than just a position, you will be owning huge ideas and features from the very start. We put the willingness and passion to learn & build above anything else and if you think you have got it in you, don't let these skill requirements deter you from applying.
Apply here firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vedantu at a glance
Vedantu focuses on Mobile, Education, Technology, and K-12 Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Vedantu has raised $5.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2015.