Holistically approach security by capturing network metadata at scale
Senior Data Engineer
Vectra delivers a new class of real-time threat detection and response. Vectra picks up where perimeter security leaves off using AI to provide deep, continuous analysis of both internal and Internet-facing network traffic for all phases of the attack progression as attackers attempt to breach, spy, spread, and steal within networks. Vectra directly analyzes large data sets, including network traffic, in real time using a combination of proprietary data science, machine learning, and behavioral analysis to detect attacker behaviors and user anomalies in the network. All detections are algorithmically correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context and Vectra’s machine learning adapts as attacks evolve. For more details, see https://vectra.ai/how-it-works.
The Vectra Engineering team looks for people that are smart, very capable technically, and have fun solving the challenges that our customers face together as a team. We believe strongly that everyone can and should have significant impacts on the growth of the product as well as the company and our culture. We believe in using the right technology for each problem and building knowledge through mentorship and other things like peer code reviews. We're excited to find others to join the team that want to work on an interesting product that solves real problems.
Detecting attackers in real-time requires a high-performance suite of software that enables machine learning and statistical techniques. This requires the processing and management of considerable volumes of data. We are looking for innovative and resourceful data engineers to join our growing team. Our data science and analytical capabilities rely on the fast, efficient flow of large volumes of data. Working in concert with our existing Data Science/Data Engineering you will assist in optimizing these flows as well as building out new data pipelines to support our growing product portfolio.
- Create, test and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures
- Identify and develop data set processes for data modeling, minding, and production
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of large data sets
- Spark fresh ideas that are infused in our culture and our products
- Leverage emerging tech and Big Data to ensure delivery of real time analytics solutions
- Work on complex, large-scale, group-wide big data projects
- Perform data analysis tasks required to troubleshoot data related issues and ultimately present optimized solutions.
- Interface with other groups including Product Management, UX, Security Research and Data Science to help customers simplify security
- BS or M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years in software development, data engineering, or equivalent
- Knowledge of software design principles and leading software development practices
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Willingness to get things done, learn new things, take initiative and challenge existing assumptions and conventions
- Experience building and deploying to any cloud service (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Knowledge of the following tools (or similar): Git, Jenkins, JIRA etc.
- Distributed processing technologies (Spark, Presto, Impala, MapReduce etc.)
- Comfort in dealing with low level data storage formats (Parquet, Orc, Avro, Arrow etc.)
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Experience with grooming business-stakeholder requirements into achievable technical goals
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Expertise in automated testing in addition to continuous integration and deployment tools
- Knowledge of networking and networking protocols (PCAP analysis, Zeek/Bro format)
- Knowledge of AI/Machine Learning and Cybersecurity
Vectra AI at a glance
Vectra AI focuses on Security, Network Security, and Cyber Security. Their company has offices in San Jose and Freienbach. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Vectra AI has raised $42.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2014.