Holistically approach security by capturing network metadata at scale
The Cognito platform from Vectra provides continuous, automated threat surveillance to proactively expose hidden and unknown cyberattackers that actively spread inside networks.
The genesis of Cognito is based on a simple principle for finding hidden threats: use an authoritative source of data and seek out the fundamental threat behaviors that cybercriminals can’t avoid when they carry out an attack.
To do this, Cognito relies on the only source of truth during a cyberattack – network traffic. Only traffic on the wire – whether in private data centers, public clouds or enterprise environments – reveals the truth with complete fidelity and independence. Low-fidelity perimeter security only shows what you’ve already seen, not the hidden attacks that were missed.
Cognito delivers a far more efficient way of analyzing network traffic at scale. Instead of traditional payload inspection, it uses AI, machine learning and behavioral traffic analysis to expose the fundamental behaviors of attackers as they spy, spread, and steal in the network – even in encrypted traffic. By automating cyberattacker detection, analysis and incident response, Cognito AI condenses days or weeks of work into minutes, reducing the threat investigation workload. For more details, see https://vectra.ai/how-it-works.
The Vectra Engineering team is a small and constantly growing team of individuals. We look for people that are smart, very capable technically, and have fun solving the challenges that our customers face together as a team. We believe strongly that everyone can and should have significant impacts on the growth of the product as well as the company and our culture. We believe in using the right technology for each problem and building knowledge through mentorship and other things like peer code reviews. We're excited to find others to join the team that want to work on an interesting product that solves real problems.
DevOps Engineers at Vectra are critical when it comes to keeping both our customers and engineering team running. As part of Vectra's Engineering team you will work on products critical to our operations and software that proactively detects issues with systems in the datacenter, in the cloud, or at customer sites.
DevOps Engineers will have a variety of responsibilities which may include things like:
- On-going development of features in our product related to updates, serviceability, and telemetry.
- Development and maintenance of Vectra’s customer update and telemetry systems.
- Development and maintenance of new features for system bring-up and automation.
- Administration of systems including Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Mongo, Grafana, etc.
- Builds, supports and maintains cloud-based solutions.
- Administration of engineering owned systems in the data center, including switch management, system bring up.
- Work with other engineering teams to deploy new systems and features.
- Maintain monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure that any unexpected issues are promptly identified and escalated.
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Programming languages: Python
- Unix/Linux proficiency
- Database hands-on experience (Elasticsearch and Mongo preferred)
- Experience with a source control system, preferably Git
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment
- Experience with CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Basic knowledge of networking and firewall/router/switch configuration
- Comfortable with AWS deployments, networking, and best practices
- Experience with REST APIs
Vectra AI at a glance
Vectra AI focuses on Security, Network Security, and Cyber Security. Their company has offices in San Jose and Freienbach. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Vectra AI has raised $42.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2014.