Holistically approach security by capturing network metadata at scale
*Company Overview *
Vectra delivers a new class of real-time threat detection and advanced analysis of active network intrusions. Vectra picks up where perimeter security leaves off using AI to provide deep, continuous analysis of both internal and Internet-facing network traffic for all phases of the attack progression as attackers attempt to breach, spy, spread, and steal within networks.
Vectra directly analyzes network traffic in real time using a combination of patent-pending data science, machine learning, and behavioral analysis to detect attacker behaviors and user anomalies in the network. All detections are algorithmically correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context, and Vectra’s machine learning adapts as attacks evolve.
Detecting attackers in real-time requires a high-performance suite of software that enables machine learning and statistical techniques. You will be a technical leader that will bring years of professional experience to help design, architect and build new products and services as well as improve existing products. You will champion best practices and mentor younger engineers in the art of good programming. You will be an experienced voice on the team that can help shape and influence work practices while maintaining focus on the need to deliver customer value.
- Provide technical leadership in the design and development of best in class cloud software solutions for the enterprise customer
- Create solutions and innovation for hard complex problems, then communicate and iterate the solution
- Create system architectures with a particular focus of APIs, reliability and big data scalability
- Take ownership of end-to-end design and delivery of key services, features, projects and other engineering initiatives
- Optimize the design and development process, as well as general work practices, to orient and support our cloud based services architecture
- Mentor younger engineers in terms of skills and career development
- Interface with other groups including Product Management, UX, Security Research and Data Science to help customers simplify security
- Be an effective bridge for engineering between the business priorities and technology
- 10+ years experience designing and building complex systems/frameworks
- Expert system design ability for AWS scalable architectures
- Experience delivering distributed systems involving modern databases and data pipelines architected in AWS
- Knowledge of cloud software design principles and leading software development practices
- Strong communication & positive collaboration skills
- Willingness to get things done, learn new things, take initiative and challenge existing assumptions and conventions constructively
- Experience building and deploying to cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience building cloud enterprise solutions from the ground up
- Database knowledge (columnar, time series, relational, etc.)
- Distributed SQL experience (Hive, Impala, Presto, etc.)
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Expertise in automated testing in addition to continuous integration and deployment tools
- Knowledge and/or interest in AI/Machine Learning, cybersecurity, networking and networking protocols
- B.S or M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Vectra AI at a glance
Vectra AI focuses on Security, Network Security, and Cyber Security. Their company has offices in San Jose and Freienbach. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Vectra AI has raised $42.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2014.