Your Paperwork Co-pilot™
Senior Backend Engineer£40k – £60k • 0.0% – 0.5%
Vector.ai is a machine learning start-up on a mission to transform document-driven operations in the supply chain and shape the future of inter-company and ‘inter-national’ trade. An applied AI company, we’re combining bleeding-edge machine learning research with a zealous focus on the customer; everything we do - across our stack - is informed by real-world operational insights. Our customers are some of the largest companies in the world, but our ambition is to help some of the most under-served companies too.
We've recently raised our seed round from leading UK investor Episode 1 (Zoopla, Betfair, Shazam, etc.) and supply chain-focused fund Dynamo.vc.
We’re searching for an experienced software engineer to build out and maintain a scalable cloud infrastructure. The role will involve working with databases, APIs and data pipelines along with managing the underlying infrastructure on which they run (some devOps). You will need to build an efficient logging and monitoring suite across the entire product to identify issues and enable automated system health checks. You will also be in charge of enhancing our automated CI/CD pipelines and eventually lead the enhancement of the platform to enable robust multi-user access and audit.
Specifically we want someone who can:
- Design, build and maintain database systems
- Design and build a flexible logging, monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Implement effective CI/CD pipelines
- Architect and implement software libraries in a multi-cloud environment
- Manage and maintain the technical stack around the message brokers
Skills we expect:
- Have a good understanding of modern, cloud native architectures
- Have extensive experience with databases, including PostgresQL.
- Have built scalable APIs using python and are familiar with the latest developments in the language
- Have worked commercially with containerized tools like Docker, Docker compose, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.
Experience that would be good to have:
- 3 - 5 years of commercial experience
- Knowledge of security / data privacy best practices
- Experience building asynchronous and distributed data pipeline
- Have worked with logging and monitoring stacks like ELK, Prometheus, Graphana, etc.
Generous salary and equity. Get in touch!
Vector AI at a glance
Vector AI focuses on Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://vector.ai