Get effective tutoring in all subjects and test prep from an award winning company
Technical Program Manager
Varsity Tutors is searching for a highly-skilled, action-oriented Technical Program Manager to help drive the growth of our educational products and programs. This role serves as a cross-functional liaison across our engineering, product/design, and operations teams and will coordinate and drive the work in creating and scaling impactful learning products. This person will ensure that Varsity Tutors delivers world class learning solutions that are highly scalable, flexible, and customer-focused and will be the driving force that brings all the micro and macro technical pieces together into successful and on-time product launches and updates. The Technical Program Manager will also be proactive in driving the continuous improvement of our products and programs, helping to ensure better quality and overall efficiency of our processes.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology, and offers a full suite of learning products that are personalized to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors closed a $50M Series C funding round in 2018, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV, which will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time. Come join our fast growing team!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Operations Management, or similar field.
- A solid Computer Science/Engineering/Technical Management background including at least 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience with successful software & system implementations utilizing project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Strong familiarity with agile methodologies.
- A proven track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong ability to adapt communications to specific audiences.
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities and proven problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in SQL, JSON, JIRA, and R, with some familiarity with Python.
- Innate ability to build teams and bring people together in a cross-functional project
- You take a highly analytical approach, with proven experience using data to drive step-change results.
- Operational excellence, clear communication and daring leadership to deliver it.
- Collaborate and coordinate project work with multiple business, operations, and technical teams to define and deliver high quality products and programs.
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Maximize resources and drive efficiency in a constrained environment
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple teams with competing priorities.
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Remain flexible to changing priorities and exhibit comfort with ambiguity
- Develop detailed technical project plans and execute on the plan until completion.
- Coordinate with the engineering team to align cross-tech team sprint schedules & release plans.
- Document and drive efficient processes, automating as much as possible.
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday (for your birthday!)
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors helps its employees and their families by providing various plan choices and options for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
We understand the value of a proper work/life balance for our employees and their families. We offer paid PTO and holidays (including your bday or floating holiday!), as well as paid maternity and paternity leave.
Varsity Tutors promotes the ongoing growth and development of its employees. We offer 52 hours of one on one tutoring each year for employees or their families. We also have our Flagship Program that trains and develops future leaders.
Company-wide fitness challenges, National Smores Day, trivia nights, happy hours, ping pong tournaments, and life-size foosball games, just to name a few. We work hard, we play hard. :)
Varsity Tutors at a glance
Varsity Tutors focuses on Mobile, Internet, E-Commerce, Education, and Video Chat. Their company has offices in Chicago, Seattle, Tempe, Victoria, and St. Louis. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Varsity Tutors has raised $157M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.varsitytutors.com