Get effective tutoring in all subjects and test prep from an award winning company
Director of Product Marketing
Varsity Tutors is seeking a versatile Director of Product Marketing in this newly created role to drive new and existing products and features to market. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative, results-oriented, have a strong bias for action, and be intellectually curious. The Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for partnering closely with teams across the organization, specifically product, design, and marketing to set messaging, build product launch strategies, run and analyze product releases and drive feature engagement through ongoing marketing programs.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology, and offers a full suite of learning products that are personalized to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors closed a $50M Series C funding round in 2018, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV, which will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time. Come join our fast growing team!
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of Marketing experience, with an expertise in Product Marketing
- Deep interest and experience for understanding consumer buying behaviour
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs
- Experience managing and driving multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Own the Product Marketing function across the organization
- Drive launch and ongoing adoption of new product features
- Translate technical details into benefits for the user
- Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
- Gather insights through the use of interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Make data supported recommendations regarding product and business objectives, strategy, positioning, and messaging
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and marketing teams.
- Partner with marketing channel owners to drive and execute integrated go-to-market programs
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors helps its employees and their families by providing various plan choices and options for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
We understand the value of a proper work/life balance for our employees and their families. We offer paid PTO and holidays (including your bday or floating holiday!), as well as paid maternity and paternity leave.
Varsity Tutors promotes the ongoing growth and development of its employees. We offer 52 hours of one on one tutoring each year for employees or their families. We also have our Flagship Program that trains and develops future leaders.
Company-wide fitness challenges, National Smores Day, trivia nights, happy hours, ping pong tournaments, and life-size foosball games, just to name a few. We work hard, we play hard. :)
Varsity Tutors at a glance
Varsity Tutors focuses on Mobile, Internet, E-Commerce, Education, and Video Chat. Their company has offices in Chicago, Seattle, Tempe, Victoria, and St. Louis. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Varsity Tutors has raised $157M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.varsitytutors.com