Get effective tutoring in all subjects and test prep from an award winning company
Educational Sales Representative (Work from Home)
Varsity Tutors is looking for Educational Sales Representatives to join our fast-growing team! Varsity Tutors is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology, and offers a full suite of learning products that are personalized to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal.
As an Education Sales Representative, you will be speaking with prospective and current clients, helping them with their educational needs and goals. We look for individuals who are highly motivated, have the ability to understand the ever-changing needs of parents and students, and share our passion for helping students all around the world. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to use their educational backgrounds and expertise to drive sales through creative and innovative solutions.
Come join our fast growing team and help people get the educational help they need!
- Consult with current and prospective clients who have requested tutoring, course or homeschool support and effectively communicate the benefits of our services
- Facilitate a consultative conversation to understand customer needs and recommend a customized solution
- Complete transactions and or schedule a follow-up conversations with prospective clients
- Manage a book of client accounts in our CRM to ensure proper follow-up and additional support
- Provide high quality client service and help resolve client questions or concerns
- Bachelor level degree in any major is preferred
- Education, admissions, or educational sales experience is strongly preferred
- Sales, account management, or client service experience is helpful, but not required
- Ability to consult with students and families through conducting needs analysis
- High empathy and emotional intelligence, with the ability to understand families' educational needs and make product/service recommendations
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- General computer and email knowledge – we use Google Suite and Apple products
- Availability to work some evenings/weekends
- CRM experience is preferred
- Passion for being part of a team that is dedicated to making a difference for our clients
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- PTO, paid holidays, plus a floating holiday (for your birthday!)
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
About Training and Development:
- No sales experience? No worries! We offer a training program with ongoing career development and opportunities for growth.
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for families
- Become an expert in educational products and programs, including 1 on 1 tutoring, online classes, adaptive assessments, and home schooling
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors helps its employees and their families by providing various plan choices and options for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
We understand the value of a proper work/life balance for our employees and their families. We offer paid PTO and holidays (including your bday or floating holiday!), as well as paid maternity and paternity leave.
Varsity Tutors promotes the ongoing growth and development of its employees. We offer 52 hours of one on one tutoring each year for employees or their families. We also have our Flagship Program that trains and develops future leaders.
Company-wide fitness challenges, National Smores Day, trivia nights, happy hours, ping pong tournaments, and life-size foosball games, just to name a few. We work hard, we play hard. :)
Varsity Tutors at a glance
Varsity Tutors focuses on Mobile, Internet, E-Commerce, Education, and Video Chat. Their company has offices in Chicago, Seattle, Tempe, Victoria, and St. Louis. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Varsity Tutors has raised $157M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.varsitytutors.com