Get effective tutoring in all subjects and test prep from an award winning company
Human Resources Manager
Our busy, fast paced HR team is looking for a vibrant and forward-thinking Human Resources Manager who will assist in overseeing and supporting all aspects of the HR function in a high-growth stage tech company. The HR Manager will take responsibility in the ongoing development and improvement of the entire employee lifecycle ensuring a highly supportive work environment that allows each employee to perform at the highest level each day in serving our customers. The successful candidate will be a champion for Diversity & Inclusion, successfully building and maintaining relationships across the organization. The HR Manager will work to create a culture that is aligned with our mission to Help People Learn.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology, and offers a full suite of learning products that are personalized to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors closed a $50M Series C funding round in 2018, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV, which will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time. Come join our fast growing team!
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP/SCP highly desired
- 5+ years of HR Management experience
- People oriented and results driven
- Fully developed core skills in HR process/practices
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and trends in diversity and inclusion, including familiarity with key concepts (e.g. cultural competence, unconscious bias, etc.) Practical experience designing and/or implementing D&I programs preferred
- Shows a committed and proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and to own personal development in this area
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, decision-making, and written communication skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Manage day-to-day workflow and performance of HR team members
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, conducting investigations, and terminations as examples
- Develop internal systems and processes
- Implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement motivation and preservation of human capital
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Focus on working collaboratively across multiple functions to determine how and where improvements can be made to increase performance and employee satisfaction
- Embody company culture and maintain high employee engagement
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Develop and support diversity and inclusion initiatives across the organization in alignment with our commitment statement
- Assist with diversity analytics, including benchmarking, tracking metrics, analyzing and generating diversity reporting for various audience to highlight trends and demonstrate impact of D&I programs and initiatives
- Understand organizational dynamics and actively work to cultivate D&I allies across the organization
- Apply theory with in-depth understanding of the professional field
- Independently perform the full range of responsibilities within the function
- Exemplify Varsity Tutors Ten Leadership Competencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors helps its employees and their families by providing various plan choices and options for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
We understand the value of a proper work/life balance for our employees and their families. We offer paid PTO and holidays (including your bday or floating holiday!), as well as paid maternity and paternity leave.
Varsity Tutors promotes the ongoing growth and development of its employees. We offer 52 hours of one on one tutoring each year for employees or their families. We also have our Flagship Program that trains and develops future leaders.
Company-wide fitness challenges, National Smores Day, trivia nights, happy hours, ping pong tournaments, and life-size foosball games, just to name a few. We work hard, we play hard. :)
Varsity Tutors at a glance
Varsity Tutors focuses on Mobile, Internet, E-Commerce, Education, and Video Chat. Their company has offices in Chicago, Seattle, Tempe, Victoria, and St. Louis. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Varsity Tutors has raised $157M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.varsitytutors.com