Supply Base Manager$90k – $125k
This individual will spearhead Vantage’s efforts in establishing best-in-class processes for Procurement, Material Planning and Inventory Control. This position is responsible for managing business relationships with our contract manufacturing partner and key Tier 1 material suppliers. You will be working with the team that developed the first flying camera with broad approval from the FAA for commercial operations over people as well as next generation drones for Ford and the US Army. You will be responsible for working with our manufacturing partners and local team to improve quality and manage quality related processes. The Supply Base Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Develop sourcing strategies for Tier 1 material suppliers and contract manufacturing partners including supplier evaluation, selection, contract negotiations and qualification.
- Institute flexibility improvement programs with key partners to optimize schedule flexibility throughout the supply chain while minimizing excess inventory exposure.
- Develop a Monthly Supplier Performance Report Card system which monitors actual supplier performance to agreed upon goals for quality, delivery, flexibility and cost.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with CMs and Tier 1 suppliers to review performance, drive continuous improvement programs and discuss Vantage’s future Technology Roadmap.
- Establish a monthly Sales Forecasting process with Vantage Executive Team and eventually the Sales/Marketing organization to develop forecasts over a rolling 12-month horizon.
- Drive Master Scheduling process and ensure effective communication of the demand signal throughout the supply chain.
- Formulate and implement a finished goods inventory strategy that allows Vantage to satisfy customer expectations regarding delivery lead-times while minimizing inventory costs.
- Develop Capacity Planning processes internally, with contract manufacturing partners and with material suppliers to ensure there is adequate capacity in place to meet Sales Forecasts.
- Act as primary Materials focal point for product allocation when supply does not meet demand.
- Evaluate the impact of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) on production schedules and adjust the Master Schedule accordingly.
- Implement inventory management systems which monitor stocking points throughout the supply chain, including; internal stores, inventory at CMs, in FGI and at Repair Depot.• Drive Physical Inventory and Cycle Count programs internally and at our contract manufacturing partner to ensure on-hand inventory integrity.
- Establish ABC Inventory classification system to optimize ordering and raw material stocking levels.
- Work with Shipping, Receiving, Material Stockrooms, Kitting and FGI operations to ensure proper inventory handling, storage and accuracy measurements are in place.
- Establish key Supply Base Mgt, Material Planning and Inventory Control metrics and institute performance reporting system for Vantage’s management team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required (Masters Degree desirable)
- 5+ years work experience in Manufacturing, Procurement or Materials
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to formulate strategic vision for Materials
- Excellent cross-functional teamwork and project management expertise
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, start-up environment with minimal supervision
You can expect a competitive startup salary, generous equity, a satisfying and fast-paced work environment, a team you will learn from on a daily basis, and a product you will be proud to be involved with.
About the Company
Vantage creates drones for commercial and government customers including CNN, Stanford University, the US Army, and Ford. Our first product, Snap, was the first drone to enable safe and legal commercial flight over people and has received multiple landmark firsts with the FAA. The company won Richard Branson's Extreme Tech Challenge and has been recognized by TechCrunch, Wired, Quartz, and USA Today, amongst many others. We are one of six companies selected for the Short Range Reconnaissance Program, a $200M project to create the next generation portable drone for the Army. The company has strong backing from industry luminaries, respected VCs, strategic commercial partners, and the DoD. We are a team of Stanford engineers, Darpa Grand Challenge winners, NASA, IDEO, and Volkswagen alums, roboticists, mechanical engineers, and experienced software folks. We're also ardent kite surfers, mountain bikers, rock climbers, surfers, rugby players, and pilots. We work to achieve ambitious goals, and achieve rich lives.
Vantage Robotics at a glance
Vantage Robotics focuses on Hardware, Defense, Consumer Electronics, and Drones. Their company has offices in San Leandro. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Vantage Robotics has raised $9M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019 at a valuation of $17M.