Quality Control Manager$60k – $90k
Vantage Robotics, a San Leandro-based drone company, is looking for an experienced Quality Control Manager to further improve their quality efforts. You will be working with the team that developed the first flying camera with broad approval from the FAA for commercial operations over people as well as next generation drones for Ford and the US Army. You will be responsible for working with our manufacturing partners and local team to improve quality and manage quality related processes. The Quality Control Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Implement testing, reliability and documentation processes
- Managing quality pipeline including NCMR, SCAR, CAPA, etc. documentation
- Develop and enforce quality standards for internal NPIs
- Be the quality interface between Vantage and its manufacturing partners
- Track and report key quality metrics
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive experience with PLM and QMS software, preferably Propel PLM
- Basic knowledge of circuitry and electro mechanical builds
- Work experience in an ISO certified industrial setting preferred
- ME or EE degree is a plus
- Willingness to “do what it takes,” including direct auditing activities at times
You can expect a competitive startup salary, generous equity, a satisfying and fast-paced work environment, a team you will learn from on a daily basis, and a product you will be proud to be involved with.
About the Company
Vantage creates drones for commercial and government customers including CNN, Stanford University, the US Army, and Ford. Our first product, Snap, was the first drone to enable safe and legal commercial flight over people and has received multiple landmark firsts with the FAA. The company won Richard Branson's Extreme Tech Challenge and has been recognized by TechCrunch, Wired, Quartz, and USA Today, amongst many others. We are one of six companies selected for the Short Range Reconnaissance Program, a $200M project to create the next generation portable drone for the Army. The company has strong backing from industry luminaries, respected VCs, strategic commercial partners, and the DoD. We are a team of Stanford engineers, Darpa Grand Challenge winners, NASA, IDEO, and Volkswagen alums, roboticists, mechanical engineers, and experienced software folks. We're also ardent kite surfers, mountain bikers, rock climbers, surfers, rugby players, and pilots. We work to achieve ambitious goals, and achieve rich lives.
Vantage Robotics at a glance
Vantage Robotics focuses on Hardware, Defense, Consumer Electronics, and Drones. Their company has offices in San Leandro. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Vantage Robotics has raised $9M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019 at a valuation of $17M.