We create drones to make people safer, more informed, and more productive
Mechanical Engineer$80k – $160k • 0.0% – 0.3%
About the position:
We're looking for a mechanical engineer to help create our next generation drone, supporting equipment, and manufacturing equipment. As part of our small team, you would own or be involved with projects from concept to prototype to production. You can expect to get your hands dirty with composites, titanium, custom gimbals, custom flight motors, and custom propellers, as well as see your designs literally take off on a regular basis. Your work will be used by thousands of people and will have the potential to save lives and impact national security.
Projects you could work on
Qualified candidates should have meaningful relevant experience for at least two of these candidate projects. Please highlight any specific relevant experience in your application.
- Ground station mechanical design
- Custom enclosure for next generation battery
- Custom ens focusing system
- Refine fuselage and gimbal designs for mass production
- Novel custom propeller design
- Create absurdly bright aerial illumination module
- Design jigs and fixtures for ramping production on UAV and ground station
- Propose a new way to improve our product for our customers in commercial inspections, law enforcement, and defense -- and then go make it
Skills and Qualifications
- BS and/or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- You’re the guy people call with Solidworks questions
- Portfolio of projects demonstrating ability to push technical limits to achieve extraordinary results with limited time and budget
- Experience working with vendors to get things done faster than considered possible
- Understand a wide variety of manufacturing processes including injection molding, compression molding, and at least one process we haven’t heard of
- Experience with aerodynamics, FEA, optics, composites, machine design, and high performance structures is a plus
Meet your team
Vantage Robotics at a glance
Vantage Robotics focuses on Hardware, Defense, Consumer Electronics, and Drones. Their company has offices in San Leandro. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Vantage Robotics has raised $9M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019 at a valuation of $17M.