Github for Hardware
Junior System Administrator and Scripting Engineer€25k – €30k
At Valispace we are developing a software where teams of engineers can do calculations and analysis in the browser when building rockets, airplanes, satellites, cars and other hardware. You will join our international team which is changing the way engineers work by providing a web-based, real-time collaboration platform. With an open-minded environment, we value teamwork, provide flexibility and we are looking forward to hearing your ideas and opinions.
For this job we are looking for a person with two skill sets and interests:
(1) On the system administrator side, you will be working closely with our team, developing solutions and scripts for deployment of our web application, both on AWS and on customer premises, which we usually do through video calls. This can include scripts for automated backups and upgrades, monitoring solutions, data analysis and more.
(2) On the other hand, you will be working closely with the development and business teams to create integrations and add-ons to our software using our REST API. Examples can be using Python scripting to create a custom exporter for one of our clients, creating plugins in other browser-based tools to connect with Valispace, creating scripts for automating internal processes, using our Webhooks to create automated workflows for our clients.
You are the perfect match, because you:
- Are a Jack/Jane-of-All-Trades, a digital MacGyver, and can quickly learn new technologies
- Want to provide the best experience for our users to achieve their goals, by understanding their needs and interactions with our platform
- Are a problem solver and are eager to take on a challenge; researching, scripting your own solutions and trying out different solutions
- Have a technical background and are proficient in Python
- Are organized and have strong communication skills
- Engineering background, preferably computer science
- Proficient in Python
- Familiar with AWS and Docker and/or similar solutions
- Good English communication, both in writing and speaking
At Valispace you will:
- Work in a dynamic startup environment
- Take responsibility from day one
- Be a fundamental part of our amazing team
- Have room to create and innovate
- Have flexible working hours
- Work in our office in central Lisbon