Nike’s new business incubator
Content & Site Lead Merchandiser (Contract, Remote)$70k – $80k • No equity
Content & Site Lead Merchandiser (Contract, Remote) // Nike Valiant Labs
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
This is a unique opportunity to join Valiant Labs, Nike’s new business incubator. We’re a fast-moving entrepreneurial team currently exploring the edges of possibility! We move with speed and purpose, taking calculated risks and failing fast – all with one goal in mind: serving consumers in new and unimagined ways.
We are a small and passionate team tasked with creating the future of gen-z shopping for girls and those who identify as girls. We are developing a native mobile app that takes social commerce in-house to deliver the only shopping destination that celebrates girls to “just do you” with a true mix of sport, style, activism and mindfulness. The place consumers come to score a pair of AF1s and see how the community styled them and all the things they do in them.
As the Lead Content & Site Merchandiser, you understand the needs of our gen-z consumer end to end. You will create and execute the visual look and feel of the content feed to inspire the consumer to engage and share, driving app usage and sales conversion. You will be building our gen-z content & site merchandising team from the ground up and will have an immediate impact on the experience’s performance. You will also partner with our Community Manager and Brand Marketing team to deliver influencer led brand marketing insights, source relevant contributors, edit and execute their content to grow and engage our audience.
- Source UGC across all channels and work with content creators to produce a constant flow of fresh, new content relevant to our consumers
- Develop our voice of authority, creating a destination for consumers to find out what’s happening in the world of gen-z sport and Nike style in real-time
- Stay ahead of what’s next in sport, style, activism and mindfulness while curating the season into wearable looks and pieces to create a content feed thats quality over quantity
- Evaluate, plan and optimize feed and site merchandising around consumer signals and seasonality i.e. solve our consumers’ problems by improving content posts based on success metrics
- Partner with enterprise teams to gain influencer and partner content access to enrich the feed
- KPIs: Increase daily sessions per user, drive conversion, and build a core following for our content
- Four or more years of experience as a senior online visual merchandiser or relevant experience in digital media
- Proven track record of growing both significant audience and conversion metrics
- Equally driven creatively as you are at analyzing data, measuring results, and testing strategies
- A strong understanding of the gen-z consumer we serve
- Proactive and able to drive initiatives/ideas into tangible sales results
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Role Type: Contract (12-month assignment)
Nike Valiant Labs at a glance
Nike Valiant Labs focuses on Innovation Management. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://about.nike.com/