Deliver brilliant messages in the moments that truly define your brand
Marketing Manager, SMS
You believe in the psychology of marketing, of getting into the headspace and the mindset of the person you are targeting. Seeing your campaign from their perspective allows you to achieve extraordinary results. You love to dig into results, to figure out why something worked. You have a knack for identifying patterns and making connections that you then apply to the next campaign, the next channel, the next test. You have a mind for the granular and for the grand. You think about how to get your campaign to appeal to the market at large, while keeping in mind the smallest detail that will be key to outsized success. You believe in doing manual work, “things that don’t scale”, in relentless pursuit of figuring out what works. And once you’ve figured out what works, you doggedly break it down into its component pieces, into a new process and system, so that you can in fact scale it. ****
The Position:The Marketing Manager, SMS is responsible for generating demand for the ReplyBuy offerings across the US. The position will manage, execute, and optimize activities within a quarter to deliver on goals, which ultimately result in bookings and revenue. This role partners closely with the local sales team to deliver on joint objectives; formulates marketing strategies and communication plans for the US; observes market trends and competition to support sales while providing the appropriate marketing mix; develops and leverages third party relationships (i.e. publishers, industry associations, event organizers, etc.) to drive demand. In addition, the position will develop and execute quarterly plans liaising closely with the global marketing team.
- Create, localize and manage all ReplyBuy marketing activities in the US to drive quality lead generation campaigns.
- Own and administer marketing budget for the US.
- Liaise with the content team to develop creative for campaign use.
- Develop and communicate Quarterly Marketing Plans.
- Research, choose and negotiate marketing vendors for campaign placement and events/sponsorship for participation.
- Track campaign effectiveness and present weekly metrics. Execute on all Webinars, including moderating and presenting on Webinars.
- Participate in speaking opportunities and represent ReplyBuy at events.
- Manage tradeshow and conference activity including post-event follow up.
- Work with social media manager to leverage tools (Twitter, Facebook, SlideShare, Blogs, LinkedIn, etc.) to build awareness and lead generation opportunities.
- Source and manage the development of relevant, US content (white papers, surveys, etc.) with support from Product Marketing.
- Develop compelling messaging and positioning, while telling inspiring customer stories across all channels, and thrive in the role of internal and external evangelizer for your products and their impact on customers.
- Work closely with sales, understanding and supporting their sales cycles, and create amazing customer insights and stories.
- Develop easy to understand content including sales trainings, product demos, sales plays, and cheat sheets.
- Share insights into market dynamics, create competitive positioning, listen to our customers and drive product research to support the development of best in class products.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine best product pricing, positioning, and packaging strategies.
Knowledge and Skills
- 5-7 years demand generation/field marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Business or equivalent experience required
- Self Starter with strong communication skills
- Self motivated, willing to take initiative and capable of operating independently and responsibly with minimal oversight
- Experience working with marketing team; communicating plans clearly and ensuring alignment and support for local activities
- Marketing experience in multiple areas of marketing, including lead generation, mobile marketing; event management, public relations and communications; email marketing, digital marketing, marketing automation tools; analytics.
- Knowledge of the technology market targeting sales and marketing professionals, including mobile marketing, marketing automation tools, analytics.
- Proven track record of planning and executing innovative, results-driven campaigns; experience with managing CPL, CPM and CPA programs
- Proficiency with GSuite, Microsoft® Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), or similar solutions
We offer comprehensive benefits, including great health, dental and vision coverage, to help maintain your (and your family’s) health and wellbeing
We offer educational sessions, advising and tools to help employees plan for their retirement needs
Paid family leave
We offer paid parental leave, along with time off to care for yourself or for your family
Work life balance is important; we offer generous paid time off
We support employees’ professional growth: take advantage of our professional development and mentorship programs
Urban Airship at a glance
Urban Airship focuses on Mobile, Internet, and iPhone. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Urban Airship has raised $79.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2015.