digital apparel, robotic manufacturing, and custom-built jeans
design & retail intern
unspun is a fashion technology company building custom jeans for each consumer, on demand. Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% through automated, localized, and intentional manufacturing. Our technology is currently being realized through our brand unspun, a software API platform powering digital customization for multiple large apparel labels, and a National Science Foundation-backed hardware team working on the future of additive and automated apparel production. We’re a fast-moving company powered by Fifty.vc, the Mills Fabrica, Prelude Ventures, SOSV, and the H&M Foundation. We also happen to make the best fitting jeans on the planet.
as design & retail intern at unspun, you will:
- be involved in designing and creating a compelling user experience journey:
- identifying key friction points in our experience thus far
- creating assets to inspire, educate and inform our target audience
- relentless speaking with customers and restlessly improving our experience
- working with product and operations teams to create a closed feedback loop
- help lead and manage our retail and pop-up events:
- communicating with vendors to create retail and pop-up experiences
- interacting directly with customers and address customer service enquiries
You have an extreme attention to detail and love working with people. You want this world to be a better place, and want to bring others along for the ride. You are magnetic, have a strong sense of clean aesthetics and can powerfully evangelize the unspun mission.
you probably have:
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design, retail, fashion management
- an extremely fast learner with a relentless problem-solving mindset
- some experience with retail, user experience design or digital product management
- good sense of urgency and time management skills
- strong communication skills
- desire to make an impact on innovation, fashion, and sustainability
We won’t roll our eyes if your socks don’t match. We get it. But then, if you spend those extra few minutes in the morning matching your socks and shirt, we get that too. Our workspaces are sometimes spotless and sometimes chaotic, and we celebrate messy exploration. We work through complex problems but generate simple and elegant solutions. We strive to look at things differently, and never do anything solely because “that’s the way it’s always been done.”
We’re a team of designers and engineers, industry-veterans and serial entrepreneurs, artists and developers. We’re aspiring chess masters, and climbers, capoeiristas and bakers, snowboarders and photographers. Originally spun out of Stanford and the University of Colorado, we now call downtown San Francisco home, with strong ties to Hong Kong. We are looking for teammates who share our desire to work on ambitious problems and leave the world better than we found it.
unspun is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.