digital apparel, robotic manufacturing, and custom-built jeans
product intern$20k – $30k
unspun is a fashion technology company building custom jeans for each consumer, on demand. Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% through automated, localized, and intentional manufacturing. Our technology is currently being realized through our brand unspun, a software API platform powering digital customization for multiple large apparel labels, and a National Science Foundation-backed hardware team working on the future of additive and automated apparel production. We’re a fast-moving company powered by Fifty.vc, the Mills Fabrica, Prelude Ventures, SOSV, and the H&M Foundation. We also happen to make the best fitting jeans on the planet.
as product intern at unspun, you will:
- be involved in one of the key aspects of unspun digital fit and production process
- help manage and improve end-to-end process, including scanning, visualization, order management, shipping & customer experience
- conducting key-point quality control to ensure product fit, customer satisfaction and efficient turnaround time
- work hands-on with our network of partner ateliers and production houses to research product fit and pattern improvements
You have an extreme attention to detail and love working with people. You want this world to be a better place, and want to bring others along for the ride. You can nerd out on the difference between organic vs bci cotton, but equally enjoy negotiating with a supplier to give you technical material intel.
you probably have:
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in sustainable fashion, supply chain or fashion design
- an extremely fast learner with a relentless problem solving mindset
- some experience with pattern making and product development
- capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- fascination with getting things done within tight timeline and goal orientation
- some familiarity with textile and garment production steps, denim knowledge is a plus but not necessary
- desire to make an impact on innovation, fashion and sustainability
We won’t roll our eyes if your socks don’t match. We get it. But then, if you spend those extra few minutes in the morning matching your socks and shirt, we get that too. Our workspaces are sometimes spotless and sometimes chaotic, and we celebrate messy exploration. We work through complex problems but generate simple and elegant solutions. We strive to look at things differently, and never do anything solely because “that’s the way it’s always been done.”
We’re a team of designers and engineers, industry-veterans and serial entrepreneurs, artists and developers. We’re aspiring chess masters, and climbers, capoeiristas and bakers, snowboarders and photographers. Originally spun out of Stanford and the University of Colorado, we now call downtown San Francisco home, with strong ties to Hong Kong. We are looking for teammates who share our desire to work on ambitious problems and leave the world better than we found it.
unspun is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.