The world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content
Senior Technical Artist - ArtEngine Professional Services
Today, the biggest problem facing most large 3D studio’s is that content takes too long and costs too much to create. Meanwhile, the demand for content continues to spiral. We are looking for you to help us form a Professional Services team who will work with clients to reimagine how 3D content might be created in a faster, more cost effective fashion. The role would be reporting into the ArtEngine product team based in Dublin, and provide opportunities to work with multiple AAA studios and projects across the industry, as well as contributing to the development of new product features.
ArtEngine is already used by many of the world’s largest gaming studios, VFX houses, and industry players. This is a unique opportunity for you to consult and guide large studios on how to optimise their workflows based generally on an example based workflow and Unity technologies and expand the network and community of artists who can benefit from this new technology.
- Deliver high quality programmes of work for customers, both on site and remotely, demonstrating our thought leadership and delivering significant business results
- Delivering excellent, content rich, compelling presentations and content
- Provide an artist and industry perspective on various aspects of our software and development roadmap, including UI/UX, use cases for new and existing features, quality checks on outputs, ideas for new features
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to win new business in target accounts by demonstrating your deep domain expertise
- Manage a high-profile role, as a key member of the Services leadership team and with high visibility with senior management, customers and likely the need to travel extensively
- Help to build an active community of loyal ArtEngine customers, leveraging existing networks and artist communities
- Professional experience as a , SeniorTechnical Artist, Senior Texture Artist, Senior Environment Artist, or equivalent within a AAA studio
- Excellent understanding of the full game development pipeline
- Great interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate with larger inhouse and virtual teams
- Great presentation and influencing skills, backed by genuine credibility in the content creation space
- Ability to travel regularly for customer engagements
- Experience with Substance Designer, Quixel Mixer, and/or any scan processing software
- Previous experience providing consulting or advisory services within the gaming space
- Experience with material and texture scanning (photogrammetry, photometry, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of primary artist tools such as Photoshop, 3Ds Max, Maya, Substance, ZBrush, and/or Houdini
- Ability to generate photoreal textures for hard and organic surfaces and to create high-quality texture maps with the understanding of all supporting maps (bump, specular, normal, roughness and transparency, etc.)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Comprehensive health insurance
Competitive retirement/pension plans
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Employee stock option
Generous vaction and personal days
Healthy food and snacks
Wellness and fitness subsidy
Commuting expense contribution
Offsite developer hackweeks
Unity Technologies at a glance
Unity Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Advertising, Analytics, Automotive, and Film. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bellevue, and Brighton. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Unity Technologies has raised $1.244B of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.