The world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content
Senior Software Developer (Unity), AI@Unity
We are looking for an experienced Unity Software Developer who will join the Virtual Players team under AI@Unity.
The Virtual Players team is a brand new product team focused on enabling game developers to create bots that can play their games with varying proficiencies including behaviors that are simple, human-like, and super-human. These bots will be leveraged as part of our broader mission to enable game developers to continuously evaluate and test their games at scale by leveraging millions of cloud simulations of their game. Games are some of the most complex pieces of software and require extensive manual work to test, whether it’s tracking down bugs or balancing the difficulty progression and in-game economy.
This is an opportunity to be a member of an innovative AI product team that will define a new standard for the development lifecycle of Unity customers. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with game developers to prototype and enhance product offerings and help them along with integrations.
We’re looking for people who are entrepreneurial, adaptable, and enjoy challenging the status quo.
- Design, build, and maintain Unity Editor and runtime packages used by developers and designers during the development process for multiple types of games
- Contribute to the design and architecture of Unity packages across the organization
- Support package and service integrations with other Unity products such as ML-Agents and Game Simulation
- Write clean, maintainable production based code and review application and test code
- Document and test your code and related systems used by game developers on a daily basis
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience with knowledge of mathematics, data structures, and algorithms
- Must have expertise in extending Unity Editor and C#
- Expertise in working with large codebases and interfacing with complex systems
- Experience in API design and integrating the backend API’s
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Proficiency using Unity's Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
- Experience building and shipping a game using Unity
- Expertise with package managers, such as npm or Nuget
- Experience with Machine Learning, and especially reinforcement learning or imitation learning
- A passion for creating usable, polished and enjoyable user experiences
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Comprehensive health insurance
Competitive retirement/pension plans
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Employee stock option
Generous vaction and personal days
Healthy food and snacks
Wellness and fitness subsidy
Commuting expense contribution
Offsite developer hackweeks
Unity Technologies at a glance
Unity Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Advertising, Analytics, Automotive, and Film. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bellevue, and Brighton. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Unity Technologies has raised $1.244B of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.