The world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content
Senior Technical Product Manager
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Unity, you will have the opportunity to build the technology platform upon which industrial customers build their solutions. This role has a direct impact on customer success and Unity’s growth. This is a technical role which involves working closely with engineering teams to understand and prioritize the needs of target customers, and defining the requirements and feature roadmaps for solutions which meet those needs. In addition to engineering, you will work closely with UX researchers and designers to focus the development process on users, with business teams to align product development with partner programs, strategic initiatives and GTM, and with customers and prospects to develop a deep understanding of user needs and opportunities.
This role is focused on the use of Unity in embedded systems, primarily for the design and deployment of Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI). Unity is the leader in cross-platform real-time 3D, and is rapidly gaining traction as a leader in next-gen HMI development. In this role, you will define tools that customers use to author and deploy HMI systems, as well as integrations with Unity and partner platforms. You will develop a deep understanding of the landscape for HMI development, with insight into customers, partners and competitors.
This position is located in Munich but highly qualified candidates from other locations will be considered.
- Capture and technically document market opportunities and feature requests informed by regular engagement with customers, prospects and partners and in collaboration with internal teams
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap and prioritize by market opportunity and customer needs in conjunction with other internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with our engineering, UX, documentation and other teams to develop epics, use cases, user stories, functional specifications and other feature descriptions
- Communicate product plans with key stakeholders to align strategies and represent the product to clients, suppliers and strategic partners
- Be a technical expert in the competitive landscape that Unity operates in and lead research to deliver technical analysis and insights to internal teams
- Follow the adoption of products and features after release by collecting customer feedback and competitor reactions, and use that insight to adjust product plans
- Experience in product management within a technology business
- Experience with HMI, embedded systems or related technologies
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and managing new product features, including a proven ability to deliver value to customers and the business throughout the product lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the software development process and software products
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional product management, communication, and leadership skills, and must be a great team player who works well in collaborative situations
- Direct experience with HMI systems development and/or software frameworks
- Experience with the Unity engine
- Experience in software development using C++, C# or similar language
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework knowledge or certification
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Comprehensive health insurance
Competitive retirement/pension plans
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Employee stock option
Generous vaction and personal days
Healthy food and snacks
Wellness and fitness subsidy
Commuting expense contribution
Offsite developer hackweeks
Unity Technologies at a glance
Unity Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Advertising, Analytics, Automotive, and Film. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bellevue, and Brighton. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Unity Technologies has raised $1.244B of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.