Bring your visions to life with the leading 3D graphics development platform
Technical Product Manager, Live Platform
The Unity Live Platform team builds technology that enables Unity to bring our whole ecosystem of tools and services to Unity developers where they need them - by making sure it’s fast and easy for us here at Unity to expose our functionality through APIs, and fast and easy to consume those APIs to create a strong user experience for our Unity creators. The results of this work touches everyone who uses Unity. The Live Platform team works in a cross functional, data driven and pioneering spirit.
As a Technical Product Manager on the Live Platform team, you will collaborate with product teams inside Unity to identify high impact features to bring into our Live Platform GraphQL API, and create the detailed roadmap and requirements for them. Our mission is to reduce complexity and cognitive load for teams building user facing experiences for Unity developers, by developing and operating a world class internal platform.
- Be the technical partner for Product Managers building dynamic and personalized user experiences, making sure their needs are understood and that the technical complexities of our multiple backend services don’t become blockers
- Create, manage and prioritize the feature backlog for the Live Platform GraphQL API
- Create and maintain an accessible, easy to read and understand roadmap for Live Platform API features, delivering functionality ahead of product team needs
- Partner with the Technical Lead for the Live Platform API to deliver an outstanding Developer Experience with the API and its features
- Product Management experience with products for developers.
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Experience with technical platform implementation in a larger organization or ecosystem
- Typescript and node.js experience
- Knowledge of the Unity ecosystem and/or development with Unity
- Experience working in a global and distributed organization We are happy to offer this role to remote candidates but the candidate would need to be located in one of the following countries where we have a legal entity. Canada, the United States (East Coast for time zone reasons), UK, Finland, Denmark or Ireland.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Comprehensive health insurance
Competitive retirement/pension plans
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Employee stock option
Generous vaction and personal days
Healthy food and snacks
Wellness and fitness subsidy
Commuting expense contribution
Offsite developer hackweeks
Unity Technologies at a glance
Unity Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Advertising, Analytics, Automotive, and Film. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bellevue, and Brighton. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Unity Technologies has raised $17.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2011.