The world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content
Team Lead - Android Graphics
We are looking for an Android Graphics Lead to join our Mobile team to help the most widely used game engine on mobile evolve to its next generation. You will contribute to improve runtime performance, implement new graphics features and framing the end-to-end workflow of Unity for mobile platforms.
Mobile has never been a more exciting gaming platform to evolve. With hardware approaching that of modern consoles and a user base in the billions, the potential is boundless. At Unity we are seeking to remove the limitations of conventional thinking about mobile games and unlock their full potential in the Unity runtime. We strive to make every use of the hardware available while weaving through the complexity of thermal limits, throttling, and battery life.
As the Lead of Android Graphics, you will manage and mentor a geographically distributed team of engineers and collaborate with QA and other engineering teams, aiming for high-performance graphics rendering and engine-level tech on Android for making Unity stronger and better empower the millions of Unity developers to create successful games played by billions. With more than 50% of mobile games powered by Unity there is no other role where your impact can be greater.
- Manage and lead a team of focused engineers, give direction and guidance to employees as well as sharing knowledge and developing employees in their careers
- Interface with multiple internal teams to ensure company and product needs are met within the timelines and budgets outlined
- Contribute to shape Unity graphics architecture on mobiles, driving technical decisions
- Interface with external partners, driving strategic partnerships
- Experience in managing small to medium-sized teams
- Understanding of modern mobile GPU architectures
- Familiarity with either Android low-level graphics (OpenGL ES, Vulkan), Metal or Vulkan API on other platforms
- Strong initiative and ability to engage with other teams and individuals
- Ability to collaborate closely with external partners such as building shared roadmaps, priorities & strategy
- Experience working with C++ and C# code
- Graphics profiling and optimization experience, familiarity with Direct3D or console graphics APIs
- Unity or game development experience
- Cross-platform development experience
- Comfortable with 3D math and graphics algorithms
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Comprehensive health insurance
Competitive retirement/pension plans
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Employee stock option
Generous vaction and personal days
Healthy food and snacks
Wellness and fitness subsidy
Commuting expense contribution
Offsite developer hackweeks
Unity Technologies at a glance
Unity Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Advertising, Analytics, Automotive, and Film. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bellevue, and Brighton. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Unity Technologies has raised $1.244B of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.