The world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content
Senior Graphics Engineer
As a Senior Graphics Engineer you will be working on graphics tooling within Unity to enable customer success and improve quality of life. Users of Unity want to be able to profile, debug, and improve their project and this role is about tackling these types of problems from a user perspective.
As part of the graphics team you will work closely with a cross-discipline team to build the best cross platform rendering technology and tooling available. You have worked on rendering technologies and tooling in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create fantastic software that enables the success of thousands and thousands of developers!
- Design, implement and maintain rendering features and tooling for multiple platforms
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation, and tests
- Take responsibility for areas of graphics scene tooling, graphics profiling tooling, and render debugging
- Design powerful and extensible public APIs
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team to collect user feedback and prioritize feature development for Unity rendering
- Proficiency with C# and C++ programming
- Experience working on shaders and rendering features
- Experience with tools development
- Performance-minded development
- Relevant education and / or hands-on experience within the gaming or similar technology field
- Experience developing graphics using Unity
- Worked closely with UX and Technical artists
- Mobile / Console development experience
- Experience with one of the following graphics APIs: Metal, Vulkan and OpenGL ES
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Comprehensive health insurance
Competitive retirement/pension plans
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Employee stock option
Generous vaction and personal days
Healthy food and snacks
Wellness and fitness subsidy
Commuting expense contribution
Offsite developer hackweeks
Unity Technologies at a glance
Unity Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Advertising, Analytics, Automotive, and Film. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bellevue, and Brighton. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Unity Technologies has raised $1.244B of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.