The world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content
Technical Artist Intern, Perception, AI@Unity
Using our industry-leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries such as Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence!
We are building a set of tools and services to solve one of the hardest challenges in machine learning - generating synthetic data for training perception systems. Our work extends beyond traditional camera perception and includes stereoscopic cameras, lidars, and will have a ripple effect across the field of Artificial Intelligence, changing the way simulators and image data are used across the industry!
Your role on this team will focus on 3D content pipelines and content creation for our Perception and Robotics toolset and services. Our customers are training computer vision systems using synthetic data created by Unity, and the top pain point cited is access to trustable 3D content. Your goal will be to create environments, assets, content tools that can be used across multiple customers. You will also develop demos to showcase new features and experiences to our customers and partners!
- Develop Python scripts for Autodesk Maya or Autodesk 3ds Max
- Create scripts, tools and pipelines for 3D asset creation including testing and validation
- Develop content generation prototypes in Unity to procedurally build scenes.
- Develop demos to showcase content pipelines and tools to customers
- Experience authoring 3D content manually and scripting workflows with 3D assets including, modeling, surfacing, rigging, and animation.
- Experience in 3D authoring packages: Unity, Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, Blender
- Enrolled in a Canadian University, pursuing a degree in digital media, animation, game design, technical art or computer science.
- Experience in Python and C# scripting applied to content pipelines and/or Unity scene generation.
- Working knowledge of Unity generating content and scenes for real time applications including scripting interactions and scene generation.
- Experience with content development tools such as Unity, 3ds Max, Maya, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop, Blender, or Houdini
- Professional experience with asset management tools such as: Perforce, Plastic, Shotgun, Jira.
Must have portfolio showing a body of work, including projects using scripting
This internship will take place during the Summer of 2021
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Comprehensive health insurance
Competitive retirement/pension plans
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Employee stock option
Generous vaction and personal days
Healthy food and snacks
Wellness and fitness subsidy
Commuting expense contribution
Offsite developer hackweeks
Unity Technologies at a glance
Unity Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Advertising, Analytics, Automotive, and Film. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bellevue, and Brighton. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Unity Technologies has raised $1.244B of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.