Health happens in communities. We create communities of health
Pennsylvania State Director
Job Title: State Director, Pennsylvania
Department: Customer Success
What about us:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care across communities. Our technology provides collaborative infrastructure for community partners. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities and our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
About the Customer Success Team
The Unite Us Customer Success Team is a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and evolving team responsible for implementing coordinated care networks and maintaining strong relationships with our customers and the community partners participating in these networks. Our style of partnership and support is hands-on and relationship-based; we are proud of the white glove service we provide to our customers and software users. We are experts in bringing together communities of providers – both in and out of the software – and we extend that expertise to our networks every day. As a team, we are driven, dynamic, and collaborative. We share a passion for the work we do and hold each other to a high standard of work ethic, but we also know how to have fun!
Unite Us is hiring a Network Director, Pennsylvania with entrepreneurial ambition and a passion for advancing health equity and improving the health and wellbeing of communities across Pennsylvania. This role will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, planning, and implementation of the coordinated care network in the state of Pennsylvania, and leading the strategy for the network at a statewide level. The Network Director will interface with senior leaders at healthcare systems and health plans, government agencies, foundations, and community-based organizations, and will lead the Pennsylvania team to ensure successful onboarding of clinical and community organizations into the networks and healthy network activity and partner engagement post-launch. We are looking for a committed leader, strategic thinker, and inspiring presenter with a knack for building trust and buy-in who has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the social services and healthcare space in Pennsylvania.
What you’ll do:
Unite Us Team Leadership & Project Oversight
- Lead and support a collaborative team in community engagement, care coordination, resource building, and network health functions across Pennsylvania in engaging with network partners, onboarding them into the network, and ensuring healthy network activity and partner engagement
- Ensure network onboarding milestones are achieved within forecasted time frame
- Coordinate with team on related contract deliverables and ensure feedback loop to affected parties
- Report on key performance indicators to drive innovation and achieve defined goals
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with non-profit partners, government entities, healthcare partners, and other partners as necessary
- Serve as escalation point for Unite Us account managers for issues related to community engagement, network adequacy, or network health
- Monitor the success of network implementations and ultimate client satisfaction as it relates to network adequacy and health for Pennsylvania customers
- Manage and participate in high-level presentation, conference, and public relations requests
- Facilitate and act as the primary point of contact (and escalation point) for the Statewide Advisory Committee for the coordinated care network in Pennsylvania
- Create innovative strategies around addressing SDoH from a region-wide perspective
- Anticipate market trends regarding population and community health interventions to improve the health of all communities within your region
- Conduct high-level state and regional strategy discussions with key stakeholders (i.e. state government agencies, foundations, housing agencies, MCOs, large health systems, etc.)
- Facilitate handoffs to the Network Development team for health systems, health plans, and other potential customers, as needed
- A passionate leader who sets their team up for success and expects great results
- A highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills – you make things happen!
- Comfortable and skilled at developing high-level relationships within the executive level of government, healthcare, and social service organizations
- Strong connections in the Pennsylvania non-profit sector
- Articulate and direct in written and oral communication
- Emotionally intelligent - you speak with candor and authenticity and you know your audience
- Outgoing and able to quickly establish rapport
- Willingness and drive to do whatever it takes, including jumping in to support boots-on-the-ground efforts
- Skilled in managing complex projects and implementations with organization and confidence
- Professional and determined - you build trust with clients by consistently overdelivering
- An excellent communicator and presenter – you present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Solutions-focused and highly adaptable
- Accountable and prepared to be measured for results
- Familiar with and knowledgeable about the health and human services landscape
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MPH or equivalent) and/or deep knowledge of the healthcare/social services landscape
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare, business, public health, or social services environment
- 5+ years of experience managing a team and managing projects
- Experience managing large complex projects and success in juggling multiple tasks and issue resolution
- Experience in developing and/or re-engineering process for delivery of client services and/or implementation services
- Demonstrated partnerships with large clients and proven track record as a trusted advisor to clients.
- The ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
- A passion for healthcare or human services
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is based in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh or open to other PA locations for the right candidate.
- This position requires 20% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
We believe in snacking! To align with our beliefs, the pantry is always properly stocked
Frequent visits from our corporate puppy partners
Casual dress code
Unite Us at a glance
Unite Us focuses on SaaS, Healthcare, Information Technology, Software, and Social CRM. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Portland, and Raleigh. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Unite Us has raised $45.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.