Health happens in communities. We create communities of health
Director of Data Analytics$140k – $150k • 0.01% – 0.1%
Who we are:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides the collaborative infrastructure for these communities. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
Do you love numbers, managing, and developing a team and getting your hands dirty solving breakthrough problems? If so, this is the job for you. Unite Us seeks an experienced, multi-faceted Data Analytics practitioner and leader to support and grow a new Analytics function from scratch. We bring together health care and social services into a single, integrated network and believe the network creates value beyond the sum of its parts. Our Analytic mission is to measure the impact we have and develop innovative ways to expand it. In direct partnership with the executive team, the Director will stand up and manage a new Data & Analytics function, produce a wide range of analytics deliverables and build a culture of data-driven decision making across Unite Us and our clients.
The Data & Analytics team will create Data Analytics solutions across the entire business, developing innovative new approaches and reimagining operations. The team will be a fundamental driver of Unite Us growth, working with departments including Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing. Deliverables will be both client-facing and internal and will range from client reporting to predictive modeling to thought leadership on the impact of Social Determinants of Health. The Director needs to be a leader and a do-er, influencing decisions within the company and beyond. This position combines a unique blend of leadership and practical quantitative output -- this is the opportunity of a lifetime for a person who loves numbers, has strong business acumen and communication skills, and is a born change-maker.
What You'll Do:
- Execute the strategy and vision for Data Analytics at Unite Us by developing a plan to build the function at Unite Us, and put the tools in place to execute it.
- Manage and grow the Data Analytics team. Coach teams to high quality, efficient output, also acting as a practitioner on the toughest, most fun problems.
- Deliver high quality end-to-end Analytic deliverables. We believe this starts with deeply understanding the problems themselves, then applying analytics to create output that drives action.
- Build a data-driven culture within Unite Us and our partner organizations. Work with stakeholders to implement practical solutions as well as innovative approaches. Use every opportunity to communicate what we’ve learned to others to enable them to be more effective.
- Create scalable software solutions whenever possible. Be self-sufficient at extracting and manipulating data and work creatively to solve data challenges.
- Promote Data Analytics as a competitive advantage for Unite Us. Re-imagine the way we measure the impact of social services on health care outcomes via a causal inference lens. Serve as a thought leader by publishing white papers and speaking at conferences on Unite Us’s quantitative approach and impact.
- Broad and deep quantitative skills, ranging from basic to cutting edge. Use of Python and R is expected.
- Experience with health care data and analytics.
- Ability to self-serve data and work with multiple modern Data Analysis tools & technologies including SQL and Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience with causal inference, experimental design and randomized control trials is preferred.
- You love numbers, and have an orientation to find practical solutions to complex problems
- You like to teach others, have strong communication skills and experience briefing leadership on outcomes and recommendations
- You are flexible and excited to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
Education and Experience
- 7 -10 years of work experience in Analytics, including experience managing teams. Growth company experience highly preferred.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is based in New York, NY
- This position requires 10% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics.
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
We believe in snacking! To align with our beliefs, the pantry is always properly stocked
Frequent visits from our corporate puppy partners
Casual dress code
Unite Us at a glance
Unite Us focuses on SaaS, Healthcare, Information Technology, Software, and Social CRM. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Portland, and Raleigh. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Unite Us has raised $45.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.