Helping students thrive through shared experiences and smart technology
Software Engineer III₹15L – ₹30L
As a Software Engineer, you will help drive Unibuddy’s growth by helping build and enhance our products that are aimed at aiding prospective universities and students, turning them into happy and successful users of Unibuddy. We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic engineer to join our engineering team in Bangalore and help accelerate our next phase of growth.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the platform, understanding the key success drivers at an early stage engineering team and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire engineering team with significant scope for future development.
- Regular and transparent appraisals based on performance
- Stock options based on performance
- Personal development budget of ₹80,000 per year to be used for courses, books, conferences
- 25 days paid holiday each year
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Conveyance allowance
- Health Insurance
- Free lunches on work from office days
- Bi-weekly tech lunches for a fun learning experience
- Monthly social outings
- 2 weeks personal project time each year
- Yearly cross-tribe pollinations (we have another engineering team in London)
- Wholesome development experience with MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s)
- Quality and consistency: Consistently deliver high quality code. Maintain code quality across the team by reviewing code written by other members of the team
- Constant Learning: Acquire expertise of the codebase to answer questions for newer devs on how to design features around our codebase
- Knowledge sharing: Have extended knowledge of design patterns to help newer devs on finding the appropriate coding solution to a technical problem
- Mentorship: Organising knowledge sharing session when finds out a domain is uncovered by other members of the team
- Setting standards: Proposes set of coding standards for the team
- Going beyond: explores new technologies and new techniques the team could use
- External point of contact: should be able to answer questions about the stack from other non-technical teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any other related field. The equivalent of this in working experience is also acceptable for the position
- Self-motivated, hard-working, coachable, and driven with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Enjoys working in a collaborative atmosphere where new ideas are valued
- 5+ years of overall professional web development experience
- Communicates effectively in fluent English
- Experienced in ReactJS and React Native OR - Experienced in Python, Flask, GraphQL and MongoDB
- Experienced in industry standard coding practices
- Experienced in mentoring junior software developers
- Have experience working on projects involving test-driven software development
- Most Important: Understands the value of our product and is driven to make it a success
More about our Team
As an engineering team, we are driven, hardworking and always looking to learn and improve our craft. This happens in regular knowledge sharing sessions with both Full Stack and Machine Learning teams, and we are always keen to collaborate when a challenging problem comes up.
In our work, we use industry best practices like TDD, CI/CD and code reviews as part of building every feature. We also continually evaluate new technologies to see if they can help improve our platform.
You can check out the technologies that we work with here: https://stackshare.io/unibuddy/unibuddy-platform
More about Unibuddy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our company is led by Higher Education professionals with over 100 years of combined experience, as well as talented business and tech developers sharing the same passion. We are backed by Logitech, Goldman Sachs partners and supported by Strategic Advisors from the biggest HE governmental entities. We are growing fast from 0 to over 150 universities in 28 countries after launching two years ago. Join us to continue growing and support universities to make a difference for students!