India's largest free learning platform
Business Head - User Growth
Unacademy is aggressively looking to scale its user base and has been strengthening its team to launch new products to enable this growth. The AD/D - User Growth role will lead the acquisition of new users and improve the engagement of existing users through the launch and subsequent scale-up of new/non monetized products. This person will work in close collaboration with the technology and product teams within Unacademy to build the right consumer experience. This position will be responsible for driving the adoption of the new products and will play a key role in business development, content building, and setting the operations processes to enable high-quality outputs of the users.
- Driving consumer understanding - understand the consumer and other stakeholders such as Educators, conduct market and customer research, and gather relevant consumer and category insights.
- Work closely with the product team to translate consumer insights and market feedback to create the optimal product-market fit.
- Leverage insights and appropriate market information, including competitive assessment, to craft a well-articulated value proposition for the product to address the market needs and drive overall success.
- Devise and execute the GTM market strategy and build operational processes around the same.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product growth and monetization
- Foster good relationship with educators and teachers in the industry, get marquee names on board
- Manage the budget for the category
- Hire and build a high performing and motivated team
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in marketing/business from Top Tier Engineering or Business Schools
- 8+ years of relevant business development and GTM experience with a successful track record.
- Experience with top consumer goods or B2C consumer internet business in category management/business development roles
- Entrepreneurial experience and/or experience in education will be highly valued
- Experience in strategic and execution-oriented roles
- Ability to think big (10x) while also defining and driving specific actions on an aggressive timeline.
- Exceptional business acumen, business development and sales experience, and cross-functional understanding.
- Lead when needed and Do when needed; High bias for action.
- The ideal candidate is a flexible, well-rounded leader with marketing, sales, outreach, or partnership experience in consumer-internet businesses.
- Strong communication and decision-making.
- High energy, confident and capable self-starter; can operate with limited supervision.
- Team player; ability to work well with a diverse set of people and drive consensus.
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment across cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.