India's largest free learning platform
A Senior SDET at Unacademy is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products and mentoring their team through challenges. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product. Ultimately, you'll be part of helping millions of learners to unlock their full potential.
What You'll Do
- Take on world-changing challenges guided by our Engineering Principles – some of which have never been solved before.
- Bring principled approach to the value of quality across the dev cycle.
- Test using technology that is best suited to solving problems for our team.
- Our commitment to on-boarding means you won't be left in the dark as you learn new tech.
- 3-6 years of experience building and testing complex software on a cross-functional team while mentoring the team.
- Strong experience in API (Web Services) & Frontend testing - Web, Android and iOS Apps.
- Strong experience in multiple databases and design patterns.
- Strong experience on Appium or Cypress or Testing experience on Selenium.
- Experience in non-functional testing - Performance, security, reliability, etc.
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with Agile development methodology aspects with regards to Product Quality
- Be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Experience with high-growth startups is a big plus.
- You're an incessant problem solver and tougher the problem gets, more fun you have.
- You love to own end to end responsibility, starting from defining the problem statement (either yourself or alongside your peers), development, testing, production releases and finally monitoring.
Our mantra of "Learning as a way of life" is not limited to our student users, but extends to our team as well. We drive this with a special allowance for books & an internal library of courses, created by and for Unacademians themselves.
We celebrate our teams’ hard work with company wide offsites, twice a year, to rejuvenate & recharge. We take care of our people with wellness programs (In-house mental health counsellor, meditation & fitness sessions), fully stocked pantry, game zone, and a top-notch medical plan that covers employees + dependents.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. If that sounds like you, come join us on this journey as we democratise education for all.
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.