India's largest free learning platform
Associate Director, Business
Classroom education in India has stifled many brilliant minds. With Unacademy, India's largest education platform, we are changing that. In a span of 6 months, over 300,000 students have benefited from over 2,400 online lessons and specialised courses on cracking various competitive examinations, on our platform. We have on board some of the top educators in the country, including Kiran Bedi, India's first woman IPS officer and now the Governor of Pondicherry. With over 2 million views every month, we are touching the lives of people in the remotest corners of the country. Our success stories include thousands of students who have cracked toughest of examinations, improved their ability to speak and write better and increase their knowledge. Our vision is to partner with the brightest minds and have courses on every possible topic in multiple languages so the whole world can benefit from these courses. India is home to 19% of the world's youth and we are empowering them to take on the world in a manner that classrooms will never do.
- Manage the P&L of the assigned category.
- Come up with strategic ways to increase the revenue of the category.
- Work with multiple teams to increase the target-specific audience for the category.
- Manage teams and ensure they work efficiently.
- Work across multiple teams to manage projects.
- Regularly optimize the process by analyzing loopholes that hinder efficiency.
- Minimum experience of 6 yrs in category and business management.
- Bachelor's degree & MBA from a premium school (preferable).
- Business intelligence around best practices and current trends.
- Ability to work with senior management on critical business initiatives.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to think big (10x) while also defining and driving specific actions on an aggressive timeline.
- Exceptional business acumen, business development and sales experience, and cross-functional understanding.
- Lead when needed and do when needed; high bias for action.
- The ideal candidate should be flexible, well-rounded leader with marketing, sales, outreach, or partnership experience in consumer-internet businesses.
- Strong communication and decision-making skills.
- High energy, confident and a capable self-starter; can operate with limited supervision.
- Team player, ability to work well with a diverse set of people and drive consensus.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment across cross-functional teams and manage multiple stakeholders.
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.