India's largest free learning platform
In this role, you will lead architecture and ship high performance, reliable code to deliver positive experiences to the users. We are looking for individuals who will define the future architecture of our platform, providing technical and product expertise, mentor and guide developers.
- You will take ownership to build scalable, reliable and performant code that complies with the internal code guidelines.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in setting and managing SLAs and have proven experience in implementing and managing them in start-up / engineering organizations
- Hands on design and development of platform services and features owned by self
- Define guidelines for best practices covering design, unit testing, secure coding etc
Experience and Skills:
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications in any language or stack.
- Data modeling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services.
- Continuously refactor applications and architectures to maintain high quality levels.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and their application, databases, caching technologies.
- Prior experience of a video based product startup is a plus.
Unacademy is India’s largest, online knowledge repository for multilingual education with 100 members in technology and product teams .
It allows educators to create courses on various subjects. Our vision is to get the best minds of the country to share knowledge in an easily comprehensible form.
We use technology to empower great educators and create a community of self-learners with 15 million students currently on the platform and 1.4 billion minutes of watch time and over 1,20,000 live Classes conducted with concurrent learners exceeding 50,000 for certain classes.
Unacademy is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Unacademy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.