India's largest free learning platform
Director - Business
Classroom education in India has stifled many brilliant minds. With Unacademy, India's largest education platform, we are changing that. In a span of 6 months, over 300,000 students have benefited from over 2,400 online lessons and specialised courses on cracking various competitive examinations, on our platform. We have on board some of the top educators in the country, including Kiran Bedi, India's first woman IPS officer and now the Governor of Pondicherry. With over 2 million views every month, we are touching the lives of people in the remotest corners of the country. Our success stories include thousands of students who have cracked toughest of examinations, improved their ability to speak and write better and increase their knowledge. Our vision is to partner with the brightest minds and have courses on every possible topic in multiple languages so the whole world can benefit from these courses. India is home to 19% of the world's youth and we are empowering them to take on the world in a manner that classrooms will never do.
We are looking to hire a Business Head for Codechef (Unacademy Group) who will help us launch the Codechef Subscription on Unacademy. This will be our first non Test Prep/Non K12 Subscriptions on the platform.
- Develop the business plan and execute the sales strategy.
- Cost efficient customer acquisition and ensuring high volume of daily transactions.
- Build & manage a strong sales team with deep understanding of consumer buying, marketing tools, PR and CRM.
- Collaborate and provide support to other functional teams to achieve company objectives.
- Providing necessary training to the sales force on product knowledge, customer dealing and handling.
- Define, track and improve key metrics. Collate and analyze key daily/weekly/monthly data on various performance parameters and report key findings.
- Generate new product ideas, enhancements to existing products and collate requests from both internal and external requestors
- Undertake market research and be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Analyze internal systems and recommend enhancements to improve productivity.
- Research the market and analyse data to provide insights and determine subscriber trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for category growth
- Manage the budget and revenue for the category
- Handle and manage multiple category teams
- Should have 10+ years relevant experience in business development or proven, experience as category head or similar role
- Should have been involved in the profitability of the category of any business line
- Solid knowledge of category management, business development principles
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- A driven and visionary leader who leads by example
- Passion to work in a fast-paced start-up
- Education market knowledge is an added advantage
- Multi-disciplinary, continuous learning mindset
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.