India's largest free learning platform
Head - Legal (General Counsel)
- Managing organization's legal matters.
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Create, manage and be responsible for the Organizations risk management policy and framework.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the organization
- Managing the regulatory aspects of the company’s business and take proactive decisions and recommend appropriate actions to the company’s leadership.
- Managing organization's intellectual property and structure agreements in a manner that is legally favourable
- Lead corporate capital raising activities and negotiate SHA / SSA from a company perspective
- Lead, manage all M&A / investment activities from a legal perspective for the organization
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Manage overall compliance with respect to all applicable statutes including Companies Act, Labour laws, statutory filings, licensing, forms etc
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues
- Working alongside other departments within the company
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Legal degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- 10+ years practice with an established law firm
- Prior in-house or start up experience will be an additional advantage
- Business savvy - Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on Content / IP laws / agreements
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.