India's largest free learning platform
Director - Enterprise Security and SecOps
We are bootstrapping our Product Security team from scratch and looking for a leader who has experience building awesome product security teams and enjoys solving security problems for engineering and for the business. You will be accountable for securing Unacademy’s engineering development environment, cloud infrastructure, source code repositories and optimise security in SDLC and CI/CD.
As an experienced Product Security Leader, you will be establishing and driving a product security program to integrate security into existing processes as well as establish new processes to achieve security goals. You will be partnering with different teams to integrate security into business processes and will be making risk based / business impact decision tradeoffs.
You will build, grow, mentor, and continuously cultivate a high-performance product security team and continuously evolve the product security function to align and scale with business. You will be driving a high degree of security automation and helping to build a “Secure by Default” and “Secure by Design” products and infrastructure. You will be building and maturing “Shift left” culture with DevSecOps programs including penetration test, automation, static/dynamic code analysis, threat modelling, and developer training program.
You will be reporting regularly on security metrics for product, cloud, and engineering postures and will be working with peer organizations to benchmark and measure DevSecOps metrics.
- 15 million students currently on the platform & growing at an unprecedented rate.
- 4 billion minutes of watch time in April 2020
- 1, 20, 000 Live Classes conducted in April 2020 with concurrent learners exceeding 50, 000 for certain classes
- A rapidly growing team of 10 designers with some of the finest talent in the industry
- An opportunity to build products that influence education at the grassroot level. A chance to improve the lives of millions of students in the far flung corners of India.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience in working with top security solutions in the network, system, endpoints, mobile devices, web applications and cloud applications
- Proven experience in building and leading high-performance enterprise security and SecOps teams in highly diversified and high growth organizations
- Define access privileges, control structures and resources, and enterprise security processes
- Implement defensive systems to defend against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis
- Design and conduct security audits to ensure operational security
- Perform network and host vulnerability assessment and risk analysis
- Working knowledge in delivering the complete CTI (Cyber Threat Intelligence) lifecycle
- Excellent knowledge in cybersecurity landscape and trends
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self starter and willingness to roll up the sleeves and work with the team
- Knowledge of cloud and SaaS platforms eg Google G Suite and AWS Cloud services
- Professional security certifications, such as CISSP, CISA, CCNA, CISM, SANS GIAC or other relevant security credentials desired
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.