India's largest free learning platform
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Love Python, Kubernetes, cloud deployment, and automation?
Unacademy is hiring a SRE expert to be a senior member of our team to help improve infrastructure, deployment, and testing processes. Unacademy has a rapidly-growing engineering team and we're long overdue for some major improvements to our internal infra and engineering methodologies. Your role will include:
- ensure smooth operation and up-time of Unacademy's Website and Apps and its infrastructure.
- monitor and manage the scalability, availability, and security of our infrastructure, and work closely with Software Engineering teams to advise on the operational aspect of the software they develop.
- solving complex problems in a timely and accurate manner through active troubleshooting, automation and systems programming.
- you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues and is expected to demonstrate initiative, quick learner, and to collaborate fully as a member of the Engineering team.
- actively setting up necessary and required monitoring, alerting and incident management practices
- working closely with the applications teams and being able escalate issues to the dev team for further changes or upgrades of the product/application.
- working with a microservices-based platform, utilizing modern technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, Envoy and others
- analysis and resolution of availability and performance issues affecting our users and internal stakeholders.
- participating in incident resolution processes driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues.
- being responsible for maintaining and creating a Knowledge Base.
- 4+ years of experience building, maintaining, and automating distributed systems, data infrastructure, back-end systems or related infrastructure.
- Practical ability to automate by scripting in Python, bash or similar scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Python and Golang based architectures is highly appreciated.
- Expertise in running and managing Kubernetes and Docker in one or more cloud providers, preferably as part of a large-scale, enterprise-class product related to storage, processing, networking and/or virtualization
- Experience in managing an open source database in-house is a plus.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools like Ansible and Puppet is appreciated.
- Fair knowledge of internet and network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS) and tools.
- Experience analyzing logs using tools, such as Splunk or ELK (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana)
- Knowledge of Go and Python application management.
- Ability and willingness to participate in On-call rotation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues to ensure resolution of the most critical ones.
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts.
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.