India's largest free learning platform
Unacademy is India’s largest, online knowledge repository for multilingual education.
It allows educators to create courses on various subjects. Our vision is to get the best minds of the country to share knowledge in an easily comprehensible form.
We use technology to empower great educators and create a community of self-learners. Our vision
is to partner with the brightest minds and democratise education for everyone looking to learn.
Here’s the elevator pitch:
- 15 million students currently on the platform & growing at an unprecedented rate
- 1.4 billion minutes of watch time in April 2020
- 1,20,000 Live Classes conducted in April 2020 with concurrent learners exceeding 50,000 for certain classes
- A rapidly growing team of 60 members in tech + product with some of the finest folks in the industry
- An opportunity to build products that influence education at the grassroot level to improve lives of millions of students in the far-flung corners of India!
About this role
Unacademy is looking for passionate software engineers to help change the world – join us on our mission to provide a world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Design and Develop Unacademy's Android app
- Regularly brainstorm and improve the app, come up with features and take ownership of the product
- Minimum product development experience of 2+ years in web/mobile startups with expertise in designing and implementing high-performance mobile applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Android APIs and platform capabilities (location-based capabilities within apps)
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with version control repositories such as CVS/Subversion and Git
- Experience with Android Studio, Gradle and Continuous Integration platforms like Jenkins
- Experience with Compilers, Languages, Operating Systems
- Open Source Contributors, and people who are active on open source communities like Stack Exchange.
- Have published one or more apps in the Play Store
- Complete knowledge of app testing, releasing and handling support tickets
- Handling push notifications from servers to the Android app
- Highly competitive salaries
- Ample career growth
- Generous parental leave
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.