India's largest free learning platform
Senior UI Engineer
You'll join as a UI engineer in our kick-ass CLX (Core Live Experience) engineering team. As a frontend engineer at Unacademy, you'll help learners build mastery regardless of where they are, and regardless of whether they are accessing Unacademy on the browser, on Android, or on iOS. You'll help build cutting-edge infrastructure to enable students of all backgrounds to succeed on high-stakes assessments like the UPSC and IIT. Ultimately, you'll be part of helping millions of learners to unlock their full potential. We are looking for smart, dynamic individuals with outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative software.
You'll help the team in:
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- A very good understanding of CSS3 and its pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
- Knowledge of data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of newer specifications in ECMAScript (ES6, ES7)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs & code versioning tool GIT.
- Familiarity with React.js and its core principles is a big plus.
Our mantra of "Learning as a way of life" is not limited to our student users, but extends to our team as well. We drive this with a special allowance for books & an internal library of courses, created by and for Unacademians themselves.
We celebrate our teams’ hard work with company wide offsites, twice a year, to rejuvenate & recharge. We take care of our people with wellness programs (In-house mental health counsellor, meditation & fitness sessions), fully stocked pantry, game zone, and a top-notch medical plan that covers employees + dependents.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. If that sounds like you, come join us on this journey as we democratise education for all.
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.