India's largest free learning platform
Senior/Lead Backend CLX₹1L – ₹30L
You'll join as a Sr Backend Developer in our kick-ass CLX (Core Live Experience) engineering team. As a Sr Engineer at Unacademy, you'll help learners build mastery regardless of where they are, and regardless of whether they are accessing Unacademy on the browser, on Android, or on iOS. You'll help build cutting-edge infrastructure to enable students of all backgrounds to succeed on high-stakes assessments like the UPSC and IIT. Ultimately, you'll be part of helping millions of learners to unlock their full potential. We are looking for smart, dynamic individuals with outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative software.
- 3+ years of Professional Full time experience building and maintaining complex software on a cross-functional team. You'll join us in writing clean, maintainable software that solves hard problems. You'll write testable, quality code. You'll push the team and the mission forward with your contributions.
- Python and Django
- Python unit testing
- Strong algorithmic, discrete math, data structures, computational complexity, computer security and cryptography skills,
- Strong database skills
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrable experience with back-end engineering.
- Basic systems administration
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum product dev experience of 3+ years in web/mobile startups with expertise in designing and implementing high performance web applications.
- You're an incessant problem solver and tougher the problem gets, more fun you have.
- You love to own end to end responsibility, starting from defining the problem statement (either yourself or alongside your peers), development (PoC if needed), testing, releasing in staging & then production env and finally monitoring.
Our mantra of "Learning as a way of life" is not limited to our student users, but extends to our team as well. We drive this with a special allowance for books & an internal library of courses, created by and for Unacademians themselves.
We celebrate our teams’ hard work with company wide offsites, twice a year, to rejuvenate & recharge. We take care of our people with wellness programs (In-house mental health counsellor , meditation & fitness sessions), fully stocked pantry, game zone, and a top-notch medical plan that covers employees + dependents.
Unacademy at a glance
Unacademy focuses on Mobile and Education. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Unacademy has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.