Accountant$16k – $21k
Autonomous security systems for a safer and happier world.
About the Company Established in 2014, we are an artificial intelligence company developing an autonomous video security platform for communities, organizations and enterprises alike. Our mission is to create a powerful automated security visual recognition system to help protect businesses, their assets, and the general public. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Taipei, our software and hardware products currently service major multinational corporations, hotels, schools, and offices across the world. Products
- Umbo Light - a powerful cloud-based human detection AI SaaS service miles ahead of the competition.
- Umbo AiCameras - the industry’s first security camera with onboard AI processing.
- Umbo TruePlatform - an entirely cloud-based video management platform with open integrations and alert response capabilities.
Analytics Insight - Top 5 Innovative Computer Vision Software Providers in 2019
About the Role
- Report to Chief of Staff.
- You will be part of a team that leverages technology to build a world-class finance and accounting system.
- You will join our team in its early stages and help us grow the team.
What You'll Do
- Accounting standards and transactional accounting
- Maintain charts of accounts
- Review accuracy and legitimacy of recorded transactions
- Conduct receivables and payables process, including transactions for tax purposes
- Conduct reconciliation of sub-ledgers and other accounts, including cash and credit card
- Conduct monthly closing process
- Assist human resources on employee reimbursement
- Statutory and regulatory reporting
- Prepare financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist external auditors on annual audit
- Conduct tax filing process, including income, consumption and value-added tax
How You'll Grow
- Join us as we leverage technology to build a world-class finance and accounting system.
- You’ll acquire high-demand skills in cloud software and process automation.
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of an AI technology startup and see how your work impacts our organization and customers.
- You’ll have lots of opportunities to grow and advance in our merit-based culture.
What We're Looking For
- 1+ years of experience in accrual-based accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Advanced understanding of key concepts (e.g. revenue and expense recognition, deferral and accrual adjustments), and key accounts (e.g. receivables, inventory, property, plant & equipment, payables, accrued liabilities)
- Advanced reading and writing skills in English
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Advanced listening and speaking skills in English
Why You'll Enjoy Working At Umbo Computer Vision
- Competitive salary (NT$670k to 750k annually)
- A bright and comfortable office located 8 min walk from MRT Gangqian Station in Neihu
- Company provided MacBook
- National health insurance and labor insurance
- Flexible remote working policy - we trust you to work where you choose so that you can do your best work
- Flexible vacation - *we don't cap your time off! *
- Annual professional development stipend
- Annual employee wellness stipend - because we want all our employees to be happy AND healthy
- Bi-annual company offsites to connect with coworkers outside the office
- Events including quarterly company dinners, cross-team building events, year-end party, holiday party & gift exchange, and more!
- Fully stocked office with snacks and drinks
- The chance to work collaboratively in an open, flexible, and fun startup environment
- Opportunity to work with highly talented team members in an international atmosphere
Please submit your application in English.
*Umbo Computer Vision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. *
Umbo Computer Vision at a glance
Umbo Computer Vision focuses on Enterprise Security, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, and Taipei. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Umbo Computer Vision has raised $9.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017.