A largest global marketplace for teaching and learning online
Data Science Manager (Marketing Decision Science)
ABOUT THE ROLE:Decision scientists draw on a combination of quantitative methods and business intuition to find actionable insights that drive key business decisions at Udemy. Our marketing decision science team supports Udemy’s Direct to Consumer (D2C) user growth and demand generation by answering questions such as: -What is the ideal cadence for marketing emails? -How should we determine the incremental value of different marketing channels? -How can we improve performance within marketing channels by optimizing bids and bidding strategies? -What types of ad creatives are most effective?-What drives variability in channel or campaign performance?
ABOUT THE ROLE:As a decision science manager partnering with Marketing at Udemy, you will be responsible for leading a team of decision scientists and driving meaningful business impact via thought leadership. We are looking for a sharp, independent data leader with a talent for drawing structure out of ambiguity, a relentless focus on driving meaningful business impact, and a passion for improving lives through learning.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Recruit, hire, and retain an amazing team of high caliber decision scientists
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship for team members
- Drive and execute key analytic projects and initiatives when needed
- Identify critical business problems and develop analytical solutions
- Partner with marketing leaders to shape the team’s roadmap and drive execution
- Collaborate with other data leaders to define Udemy’s long-term data strategy/vision
- Maintain high quality standards for data science work and recruiting
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 1+ years of experience managing and growing high performance data science teams
- 6+ years of industry experience in a decision science context
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders of all levels
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and causal inference
- Proficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
Udemy at a glance
Udemy focuses on Digital Media, Education, and Marketplaces. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Gurgaon, Dublin, and São Paulo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Udemy has raised $223M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020 at a valuation of $2B.