A largest global marketplace for teaching and learning online
Senior Data Scientist - Experimentation
ABOUT THE ROLE:Udemy is seeking a technical leader to join the experimentation group of the decision science team. Experimentation is a key tool in Udemy's decision making process and is relied upon by teams across the company. The experimentation group is responsible for addressing a wide range of methodological, adoption, interpretation, and measurement challenges with the experimentation platform, and works cross functionally with other data scientists and engineers towards its development.
ABOUT YOU:As a senior data scientist within the experimentation group, you will be a technical and thought leader to help drive the adoption of new methodologies to enhance our experimentation capabilities, help drive experimentation culture across the company, act as a subject matter expert for experimentation, and consult on experiments as needed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Drive the adoption/development of new methodologies to enhance Udemy’s experimentation capabilities
- Collaborate with engineering, other data scientists, and stakeholder teams in the development of the experimentation platform
- Collaborate with other data leaders to define Udemy’s long-term experimentation strategy/vision
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and mentorship for junior team members
- Drive experimentation culture throughout the entire company
- Maintain high quality standards for data science work and recruiting
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Deep statistical knowledge in applied statistics, experimental design, A/B testing, quasi-experimental methods, and causal inference
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders of all levels
- Proficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Comfortable working and shipping production-ready code and pipelines
Udemy at a glance
Udemy focuses on Digital Media, Education, and Marketplaces. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Gurgaon, Dublin, and São Paulo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Udemy has raised $223M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020 at a valuation of $2M.