Data Engineer (m/f/d) - Berlin€50k – €70k
We’re a mighty team of more than 300 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at seven offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, too.
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. Our customers are as large as KFC, BP and DHL (and others whose names are not entirely made of capital letters!) and as small as your local independent coffee shop or record store.
Some customers work directly with us, and many more engage with our platform via Reseller Partners around the world. More than one million business locations trust the Uberall platform to manage the connections with their customers and prospects on the search engines, platforms and directories that matter.
Learn more at www.uberall.com.
About the role
The Business Information Systems department is very young. Its mission is to establish best in class end-to-end automated business processes in an integrated business information system landscape that enables data-driven decision making. Improve the present ecosystem now while you actively shape our future. Salesforce and a complete Business Intelligence infrastructure are only the beginning. We’ll be looking at ERP systems, Contract Management systems, Billing, deeper integration of Salesforce in the landscape etc next. You will enable data-driven decision making and data access across teams, building up and maintaining a scalable BIS infrastructure and defining a holistic data/ BIS strategy for Uberall.
- You're going to maintain the BI analytics infrastructure at Uberall and will expand the data warehouse to cover further use cases in close collaboration with the business intelligence team and external experts
- You will ee responsible for connecting data to the data warehouse from different sources and design, build, maintain and revise the current ETL pipelines
- Provide input on data models and analytical tasks from a data handling perspective will be within your responsibility while working closely with the BIS architect to improve our existing setup and develop new tools and systems
- You are going to define and enforce data quality standards & governance
- You show at least 2 years of experience in a data-related engineering role, working closely with data analysts and a solid experience in setting up, maintaining and optimizing complex ETL pipelines
- You have a strong proficiency in Python, SQL & Unix and experience working with a stack similar to our own: PostgreSQL & Redshift, hosted on AWS with Ansible, ETL orchestration in Python (Mara), Jenkins
- You are able to iterate on an existing setup and implement new systems where appropriate combined with the ability to work highly independent and deliver projects on time
- Furthermore, you are a natural-born team-player combined with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- You are business-fluent in English
What we offer
- A market-leading and cutting-edge location marketing software (SaaS) scale up with an exciting & international customer base
- A very exciting position in close collaboration with a highly professional team in Uberall’s headquarter
- International team and regular company & team events
- A lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
- Flexible working hours, an attractive budget for professional development and regular feedback sessions to assist you with your career plans
- Coming from abroad? - We are offering an extensive relocation package including visa, temporary and permanent accommodation, etc.
- Regular language classes, meditation sessions and our own gym
- You are a dog person? - There will be room in the office as well
- A high degree of responsibility with creative freedom and personal advancement avenues.
- One of Germany’s fastest-growing companies (awarded by KPMG, Axel Springer & Gründerszene) with a global orientation and market leadership in EMEA
Does this sound like an interesting challenge for you? If so, we’ll look forward to receiving your application via this link: https://uberall.com/de/company/careers/jobangebote?postingId=mp0ur53#link-mp0ur53
Uberall at a glance
Uberall focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Local Search, and Local Businesses. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, Montreal, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Uberall has raised $54.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.