Changing How Businesses Around the World Connect With Nearby Consumers
Head of Business Information Systems (m/f/d) - Berlin€70k – €100k
We’re a mighty team of more than 300 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at seven offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, too.
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. Our customers are as large as KFC, BP and DHL (and others whose names are not entirely made of capital letters!) and as small as your local independent coffee shop or record store.
Some customers work directly with us, and many more engage with our platform via Reseller Partners around the world. More than one million business locations trust the Uberall platform to manage the connections with their customers and prospects on the search engines, platforms and directories that matter.
Learn more at www.uberall.com.
About the role:
The Business Information Systems department is very young. Its mission is to establish best in class end-to-end automated business processes in an integrated business information system landscape that enables data-driven decision making. Improve the present ecosystem now while you actively shape our future. Salesforce and a complete Business Intelligence infrastructure are only the beginning. We’ll be looking at ERP systems, Contract Management systems, Billing, deeper integration of Salesforce in the landscape etc next. You will enable data-driven decision making and data access across teams and will be leading and developing the Uberall BIS team, managing BIS stakeholders and requirements, building up and maintaining a scalable BIS infrastructure and defining a holistic data/ BIS strategy for Uberall.
- Manage a team of 7-8 BIS professionals, as well as the further expansion of this team in the future
- Build up, coach/ develop and scale the BIS team to sustain overall company growth and enhancing a culture of ownership
- Establish processes to assure efficient planning, prioritization, quality assurance and shipping of BIS requests
- Proactively understand business needs to translate them into outcome-driven BIS goals and actionable requirements
- Engaging with senior leadership and key stakeholders to understand the business vision, requirements & priorities and helping to translate this into an actionable roadmap.
- Set realistic expectations with stakeholders. Internal customer satisfaction will be your key success factor
- Arbitrates conflicts between stakeholders needs
- Drive awareness and adoption: communication, coordination, and collaboration
- Lead BIS Steering Committee
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform the necessary improvements and adjustments to Uberall information systems
BIS strategy & roadmap
- Define a BIS vision and strategy on how to enable data-driven decision making and data access
- Responsibility for the strategic alignment and development of all BIS systems
- Manage expectations and communicate the BIS roadmap to stakeholders across the company
Project management & execution
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of the BIS roadmap
- Project and program management skills to work with multiple technical, analytics, and business stakeholders who are involved in each project (cross-functional-teams)
- In coordination with BIS Architecture: evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure
- Managing project and systems budgets and time frames
Reporting, data & governance
- Ensure high-quality reporting and data access to all relevant metrics/ data sources for major stakeholders
- Work closely with FP&A team: KPIs standardization, Management & Investors reporting
- Governance around definition, punctuality and analytical approach to Uberall KPI's
- You have an outstanding experience working with solutions of the Salesforce ecosystem and a background in designing/developing Information systems and planning its implementation
- You have a proven track record of successful scaling of a BIS function (team, processes, tools, etc.) and the ability to set a clear focus on priorities and execute on them effectively
- You gained experience in project management or consulting and you are able to speak the language of engineers and analysts to facilitate dealing with data people, analysts, engineers, metrics, models, dashboards, etc.
- You show excellent communication skills. Be able to explain stats & concepts to non-technical stakeholders and you are a team player who focuses on bringing the best out of your team
- You ideally have as well experience with data exploration and visualization tools (such as Tableau) and in a fast-scaling B2B SaaS environment
What we offer:
- A market-leading and cutting-edge location marketing software (SaaS) scale up with an exciting & international customer base
- A very exciting position in close collaboration with a highly professional team in Uberall’s headquarter
- International team and regular company & team events
- A lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
- Flexible working hours, an attractive budget for professional development and regular feedback sessions to assist you with your career plans
- Coming from abroad? - We are offering an extensive relocation package including visa, temporary and permanent accommodation, etc.
- Regular language classes, meditation sessions and our own gym
- You are a dog person? - There will be room in the office as well
- A high degree of responsibility with creative freedom and personal advancement avenues.
- One of Germany’s fastest-growing companies (awarded by KPMG, Axel Springer & Gründerszene) with a global orientation and market leadership in EMEA
Does this sound like a challenge you would enjoy? If yes, please send your application containing all relevant documentation and we will get back to you soon. https://uberall.com/de/company/careers/jobangebote?postingId=mp0u2pc#link-mp0u2pc
Uberall at a glance
Uberall focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Local Search, and Local Businesses. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, Montreal, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Uberall has raised $54.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.