Changing How Businesses Around the World Connect With Nearby Consumers
Senior Frontend Engineer (m/f/d) - Berlin, DE€50k – €70k
We’re a mighty team of more than 300 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at seven offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, too.
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. Our customers are as large as KFC, BP and DHL (and others whose names are not entirely made of capital letters!) and as small as your local independent coffee shop or record store.
Some customers work directly with us, and many more engage with our platform via Reseller Partners around the world. More than one million business locations trust the Uberall platform to manage the connections with their customers and prospects on the search engines, platforms and directories that matter.
Learn more at www.uberall.com.
*About the role: *
As Senior Frontend Engineer (m/f/d) you will be working closely with product, design, backend, and the rest of the frontend team, and be responsible for turning their wildest dreams into reality. As a collaborative team member, you will have a voice in our daily stand-ups that will be listened, you will guide and train junior team members and helps us to provide the best solution to our partners and clients.
- You will work closely with Product and Design to develop and implement complex new features and products & engage in feature discussions, product planning, collaboration with others, etc.
- You are going to build extensible widgets, pushing for the simplest integration of our latest functionality
- Develop our web-apps that our customers use every day to manage anywhere from 50 to 10s of thousands of business listings
- Build a reference connection to our extensive Rest API that both our partners and our own client apps us
- You are not only developing outstanding features, but you are also responsible for testing those together with your fellow developers and our QA-Engineers
- You will provide guidance and training for junior team members and you will be involved as well in evaluating different complex technology approaches and implementing them if they are proven useful and necessary
- You ideally have already gained some experience in manual and automated testing with tools like JEST
- You take ownership of your work and for you, a feature is done when it makes using the product a better experience for all users
- You are a creative mind! We're open here, and if you've got a great idea, we want to know about it
- You understand the importance of quality and testing, you value automated testing as much as we do and see it as an integral part of the process
- You want to grow and therefore you crave for talented & experienced colleagues. But you also want to push us in return by sharing your skills and showing us what you can do
- You value maintainability, so clean & organized code goes without saying and you are as well capable of understanding complex backend processes and how you work is influencing them
What we offer:
- A market-leading and cutting-edge location marketing software (SaaS) scale up with an exciting & international customer base
- A very exciting position in close collaboration with a highly professional team in Uberall’s headquarter
- International team and regular company & team events
- A lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
- Flexible working hours, an attractive budget for professional development and regular feedback sessions to assist you with your career plans
- Coming from abroad? - We are offering an extensive relocation package including visa, temporary and permanent accommodation, etc.
- Regular language classes, meditation sessions and our own gym
- You are a dog person? - There will be room in the office as well
- A high degree of responsibility with creative freedom and personal advancement avenues.
- One of Germany’s fastest-growing companies (awarded by KPMG, Axel Springer & Gründerszene) with a global orientation and market leadership in EMEA
Does this sound like an interesting challenge to you? If so, we are looking forward to your application via the link: https://uberall.com/de/company/careers/jobangebote?postingId=mp0mn9w#link-mp0mn9w
Uberall at a glance
Uberall focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Local Search, and Local Businesses. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, Montreal, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Uberall has raised $54.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.