The better way to get there
Data Engineer₹25L – ₹45L
Risk Platform team is seeking a data engineer with experience in large scale system implementation, with a focus on complex data pipelines. The candidate must be able to design and drive large projects from inception to production. The right person will work with analysts to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering roadmap. Must be a great communicator, team player, and a technical powerhouse.
What You’ll Need
● Experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling
● Experience building high quality end-to-end data solutions in agile environment
from requirements to production.
Proficiency with databases and SQL expertise is required
● Proficiency in Spark/MapReduce development and expertise with data
processing (ETL) technologies is required
● Experience in developing large scale data warehousing and data modeling,
mining or analytic systems
● Experience in high level programming languages such as Java, Scala, or Python
● Knowledge of Hadoop related technologies such as HDFS, Azkaban, Oozie,
Impala, Hive, and Pig
● Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
● Should be self-motivated and passionate about bringing efficiency into the
system through optimizations.
● Should be able to raise the bar for other engineers by proposing and driving
● Experience in mentoring junior team members technically.
● If need be, Act as a Leader to drive big efforts with other engineers.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber at a glance
Uber focuses on Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 5000+ employees. To date, Uber has raised $12.252B of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2016 at a valuation of $62.5B.