Google Docs For Research. Join us if you want to solve Challenging Technology problems!
Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning - Lead₹13L – ₹20L • 0.5% – 1.5%
At Typeset, our vision is to create an authoring platform that lets researchers communicate their research beyond the limitations of print media. We want to use Machine Learning to provide an assisted writing experience to our users. Imagine recommending references while a user is writing their research paper or suggesting objective tones when the author uses a subjective tone.
Your job responsibilities would include:
1. Choosing a technology stack for machine learning operations
2. Identify problems in our domain that can benefit from ML
3. Create a data collection/curation system
4. Craft models to help solve problems
5. Train/Tune your models
6. And most importantly, deliver an amazing authoring experience to our users
This is an end-to-end gig. Typeset believes in full-stack teams who contribute to all parts of the product delivery and take total ownership of the product/features they work on.
1. 2+ years of prior experience working in a team that centered on ML/AI
2. Prior experience working with NLTK or similar libraries
3. Prior experience with any of the following techniques will be given preferences
a. Statistical modelling techniques, such as conditional random fields
b. Deep learning techniques, such as RNN, GRU, LSTM
4. Hands on experience with AWS cloud infrastructure is a bonus.
We don’t list any ML frameworks or technologies here, as you will have the opportunity to define our technological stack most suitable to our business needs and talent availability
First few projects:
Here are a few applications of Machine Learning to our product. Your work would involve actively working with the product team to identify problems like these and then drive a team to work on them.
1. Extract semantically tagged data from raw academic data (research articles) in PDF/PS format.
2. Create an ontology for the extracted data
3. Suggest keywords based on article content. Keywords help improve web search-ability of your
4. Assistive writing which is required in Research Writing. Detect tonality of sentences and suggest
improvements. Eg. “This is a good way...” -> “This is an effective way...”
Employees who are willing to commit to a period of 1+ Years
Work from home policy
We provide flexibility for employees to avail Work from Home every month.
Free company meals
We partner with multiple Vendors for Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks.
Regular sports activities
Inter team Cricket, Football and Badminton activities organized during Friday and Weekends.
Typeset at a glance
Typeset focuses on Enterprise Software, Education, Researchers, and Academic . Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Typeset has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2017.