Instant updates from your friends and the world
Jobs at Twitter
Twitter is looking for an excellent engineering manager to lead the Timelines Infrastructure team. This is the team that delivers the tweets to each and every customer in the world.
Latest Stories and News
- The Verge
- Ahead of the 2020 election, Twitter began showing a warning if you tried to retweet a tweet that had been labeled for potentially including misleading information.
- Twitter is now planning to expand that warning functionality to when you try to like a labeled tweet, the company announced on Monday. The functionality is rolling out on the web and iOS globally this week, and it will come to Android in the coming weeks.
- Twitter said, adding a warning decreased quote tweets of misleading information by 29 percent. It seems Twitter is hoping this new warning shown before likes of labeled tweets will reduce the amount of likes on labeled content.
- The Verge
- this week
- Twitter announced a global launch of “Fleets,” the ephemeral tweeting feature it first announced earlier this year and tested in various markets around the globe.
- Now, any mobile Twitter user, regardless of where they live or what platform they’re on, will have access to the disappearing messaging feature, which will sit right at the top of the timeline in a row of Stories-like bubbles.
- Twitter hopes the new feature will help reduce the pressure around tweeting by letting users express more casual thoughts and feelings while also concerning themselves less with saying something profound or racking up likes and retweets.
- Fleets starts rolling out today on Android and iOS and should be available for everyone in the coming days.
- this week
- Social media giant Twitter, under increased threat of regulation and plagued by serious security breaches, is appointing one of the world's best-regarded hackers to tackle everything from engineering missteps to misinformation.
- The company on Monday named Peiter Zatko, widely known by his hacker handle Mudge, to the new position of head of security, giving him a broad mandate to recommend changes in structure and practices.
- Zatko answers to CEO Jack Dorsey and is expected to take over management of key security functions after a 45- to 60-day review.
- Zatko most recently oversaw security at the electronic payments unicorn Stripe. Before that, he worked on special projects at Google and oversaw handing out grants for projects on cybersecurity at the Pentagon’s famed Defense Advanced Research and Projects Agency (DARPA).
- 4 weeks ago
The CEO’s management style, delegating most major decisions while pursuing his personal passions, faces one of its biggest tests
- Ben Thompson
- 1 month ago
Twitter blocking NY Post's story, driven by unfair blaming of tech for the media's 2016 mistakes, undermined its role as a facilitator for information sharing