Come together live every day to chat, interact, and make entertainment together
Data Scientist - Marketing
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Marketing team at Twitch is looking for an outstanding Data Scientist with demonstrated experience delivering insights from complex data. You will guide growth in areas that are underserved in marketing like campaign attribution, media mix modeling and other similar problems, creating strategies to re-engage and excite existing viewers while also finding new avenues to profitably acquire new viewers. You will combine domain-knowledge with data-science skills to work with these challenges and many more like them and help implement scalable solutions. You will report into the Marketing Science & Analytics team.
- Enhance Twitch Marketing's knowledge of our marketing channels, creators and viewers through ownership of science and research projects, from data collection to model development, estimation, and validation
- Work on short / long-term programs that aim to grow our existing and new capabilities in reaching more creators and viewers more effectively
- Measure the impact of our various marketing channels, campaigns and how they interact with each other
- Help leadership make important decisions by generating insights that are rapid, scalable and repeatable
- Conceptualize, develop, and maintain dashboards and visualizations that can be go-to reference assets
- Work with specialists in data science, analytics, engineering, and economics disciplines to develop reliable and reproducible analyses and models at scale
- Deliver well-documented datasets, tools, and reports to key technical and business team members
- MS or PhD in data, research, or applied science team OR equivalent applied research experience
- 4+ years working in a data-science role
- Expertise in applying supervised and unsupervised algorithms to large-scale data
- Experience with SQL, preprocessing (e.g. unix/Python), and statistical analysis (Python)
- Experience with data pipelining, from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Experience with Marketing analytics and experimentation
- Advanced knowledge of machine-learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised)
- Prior work experience at a high-growth tech company
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other visualization software
- Experience in an industry that has a community dynamic (like gaming or social media)
- You are familiar with Twitch and use it frequently
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch at a glance
Twitch focuses on Social Media, Video, Video Games, and Video Streaming. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, London, and Irvine. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twitch has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2014.